Dee Zee tailgate assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who here uses one of these? Are they junk or are they worth it? If you do have one, how long have you had it for? For those that had a bad experience with it, how long did it last before it broke?

48432339177_0502cfd9cc_b.jpgDee Zee by Thomas Pfau, on Flickr

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got one, works great. Kinda slow in the cold though. Been over 2 years now.

I installed the bottom pivot ball with a nylock nut and loctite from inside the tailgate instead of using the nutsert.

I also put a piece of heat shrink over the shock body to hide the ugly logo/printing.

D

Deleted member 12951

I had one but used the nutsert. It could not hold up to off-roading so took it off years ago. You would he surprised how much the rear sides and tailgate moves around when off-roading. I now have bed stabilizers but haven’t messed with trying them again.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I threw one on for fun, but drilled my own hole for the nutsert. No reason to mess with that oblong hole, whether you're using the nutsert or nut and bolt.

hawksphan

Reaction score
I have had mine on my 2014 for a little over a year. I bought it on Amazon. Works great. I followed all the instructions including using the nutsert and have had zero issues.

This past spring I noticed that it was getting a little rusty of the top of the shock body after only one Chicagoland winter. I emailed Dee-Zee and they got back to me very quickly and sent me a whole new kit that arrived two days later. I have not even put the new kit on yet because the current one's rust is not very bad yet and still functions perfectly. I figure I'll install the new one in a few years.

Overall definitely recommend. Great Product and Great Customer Service.

IMG_8774.jpg