Dee Zee tailgate assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had one on my 2012 XLT Pickup for 3 years and worked great.
Installed one on my current Raptor and works great on or off road.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine broke after about 3 years. they dont handle hard offroading well, but they will work just fine if you arent over rocks and bumps at high speed a lot. the vibrations are what destroyed mine

Gromacki33

Reaction score
Ive had mine on for about 4 months now no problems. Be sure you have your own tool to get the hex bolt on the side of the bed. The one they provide you cant get enough torque to break it

Reaction score
Just installed mine last night on my 2014 after reading this thread and ordering last week. Was easy to install and works great so far, no issues. After having it factory installed on my 2015 Sierra i knew i was going to miss it. thanks for the great info.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had one on my Gen 1 and have one on my Gen 2 now. A cheap must do mod IMO.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchased the proper assist through Realtruck.com, DeeZee shipped the wrong one and am now waiting (3rd week) for the proper part for my Raptor.
Screw-ups happen everywhere, at least Realtruck.com has been working with me to eventually get the right one.