Decided to upgrade my sound system to AudioFrogs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heya guys! Please let me know if the following setup is good?
Work is performed by Apicella Auto Sound.

NAV-TV A2B

Audiofrog GB10 1" Tweeter x2 - front sails
Audiofrog GB10 1" Tweeter x1 - center front

Audiofrog GB25 2.5" Midrange x2 - front pillars
Audiofrog GB25 2.5" Midrange x1 - center front

Audiofrog GB60 6" Midbass x2 - middle front speaker
Audiofrog GS62 6" Coaxial x2 - rear doors

Audiofrog GB12D2 Subwoofer x2 - under seat down firing enclosure

MTI Stage 4 sealed subwoofer enclosure
MTI sails and pillars
2.5" Seat Lift Kit

Helix Director - Helix DSP Controller
Helix V Twelve Amp for speakers 160 Watts x 12 channels
Helix M 1 X Amp for subwoofers 1,180 Watts

All the equipment came up to 9,765.00$

What you guys think?

Update to clarify the setup. Sorry for confusion.

12 Speakers in total, 10 + 2 Subwoofers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurator

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason I went with Apicella is that the owner of the company, Nick, also does great sound tuning of the system. I also read that Audiofrogs are better then some of the most expensive sounding speakers in the market.

I am located in NYC

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heya guys! Please let me know if the following setup is good?
Work is performed by Apicella Auto Sound.

NAV-TV A2B
Audiofrog GB10 1" Tweeter x2 - front pillars
Audiofrog GB25 2.5" Midrange x2 - front sails
Audiofrog GB60 6" Midbass x1 - middle front speaker

MTI Stage 4 sealed subwoofer enclosure
MTI sails and pillars
2.5" Seat Lift Kit

Helix Director - Helix DSP Controller
Helix V Twelve Amp for speakers 160 Watts x 12 channels
Helix M 1 X Amp for subwoofers 1,180 Watts

All the equipment came up to 9,765.00$

What you guys think?
you have some decent equipment here. audiofrog is still a little new, but everything has shown they are a good speaker company to go with. keep in mind, you will want to sound deaden the entire vehicle as well. tuning an active 3way setup is a bit more complicated, so make sure it gets tuned properly. as far as the subwoofers go, i have never been a fan of lifting seats to add a subwoofer. that would be the only complaint i have with your setup. also i heard the seat lift interferes with the mechanics of the seat, but not sure if tbats true or not

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking over the list i dont see the drivers for the front door? i see the center channel now, but no other mid drivers. i am not one to use a center channel speaker in all of our sq builds. might want to skip that for now. can always be added later if you desire

OP
OP
Kurator

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking over the list i dont see the drivers for the front door? i see the center channel now, but no other mid drivers. i am not one to use a center channel speaker in all of our sq builds. might want to skip that for now. can always be added later if you desire

Heya! I apologize m8, I read the quote wrong. Updated original post.

Audiofrog GB10 1" Tweeter x2 - front sails
Audiofrog GB10 1" Tweeter x1 - center front

Audiofrog GB25 2.5" Midrange x2 - front pillars
Audiofrog GB25 2.5" Midrange x1 - center front

Audiofrog GB60 6" Midbass x2 - middle front speaker

12 Speakers in total, 10 + 2 Subwoofers

OP
OP
Kurator

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have some decent equipment here. audiofrog is still a little new, but everything has shown they are a good speaker company to go with. keep in mind, you will want to sound deaden the entire vehicle as well. tuning an active 3way setup is a bit more complicated, so make sure it gets tuned properly. as far as the subwoofers go, i have never been a fan of lifting seats to add a subwoofer. that would be the only complaint i have with your setup. also i heard the seat lift interferes with the mechanics of the seat, but not sure if tbats true or not

I really appreciate your comments, friend! I will call MTI to ask them about this! Appreciate it!

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get you a lot of that stuff for cheaper. I work with Andy, owner of Audio Frog, all the time. The gear you selected is awesome but can get pricey. I'm also approved with MTI as a dealer and can make you a package deal. Send me a PM so you don't waste money.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
im familiar with the history of audiofrog. im just waiting to see how they do longer term before anything else. as far as tuning goes, a 3 way active setup will be easier to tune in terms of frequencies, however when you start doing time alignment thats where it will be more complicated. most sq competitions we have judged, a majority of the vehicles will have a midrange out of phase to give a wider, deeper sound stage. by doing this, it complicates tuning. getting the right time delay with level adjustment will take more time with a speaker out of phase. its a never ending battle. theres always an adjustment to be made somewhere.
in regards to the seat lift, i heard that you cant fully raise the seat due to the latch mounted in the truck. like i said, i havent confirmed this, but in the past members have stated they werent able to lock the seat in the up position. never said anything about the subwoofers nor was it meant to be about the subwoofers.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the seat lift and you are able to latch it if installed correctly. The sequence calls for you to fold the seat up first and then it will latch on the locking part. If you simply try to slam the latch without folding the seat it will not lock. It sounds silly but the way it's designed the seat folding angles it where it will reach the latch correctly. After latched you can then lower the seat and it will operate as expected.