deaver springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was seriously considering doing the front and rears with deavers and eibach's.

Then I saw deavers are 1500.

hahahaha i'll pass

ain't spending 2k just to level the truck.

If I was doing some type of rebuild then i'd probably go with them.

can probably get away with just doing the eibachs. but some say the nose will be high, some
say it isn't for a '17. just don't want to open that can of monkeys

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most here would agree that the Deaver +2 or +3 are a significant improvement to the rear suspension and make the truck handle better, not just a bolt on lift part. I’m planning on the Deavers and RPG bumpstop kit ($3K for both) in my second round of mods. You spent the money on the truck, don’t half ass the mods over a few bucks.

If you just want to level the front you could go with a set of collars and bolt them on in the driveway.

Raptor62430

Reaction score
hey fellas, I went with eibachs, and they leveled big blue out just right. spent $390 for eibachs, install, and alignment. research I did pointed to the collars not being the way, these eibachs made big blue Army Strong!!!! here's the end result. I measured floor to bottom center of the fender flare. stock was 39.50"F/41.00"R, now my 2018 is 41.00" on all 4 corners. hope this helps

stay safe brothers

Lead The Way!

4D4FCD72-B25A-41D2-A982-7D8AAD741E3A_1_201_a.jpeg

OP
OP
txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most here would agree that the Deaver +2 or +3 are a significant improvement to the rear suspension and make the truck handle better, not just a bolt on lift part. I’m planning on the Deavers and RPG bumpstop kit ($3K for both) in my second round of mods. You spent the money on the truck, don’t half ass the mods over a few bucks.

If you just want to level the front you could go with a set of collars and bolt them on in the driveway.

I don't consider 2k a few bucks. especially when changing things there is nothing wrong with out of the box.

And I'd hope they are a significant improvement given their cost.

Collars are ridiculous and a great example of half assing an install. You take a negative effect on the suspension just to get a visual aesthetic you like.

I don't pay others to do work I can do myself. So $225 for eibachs is a great price. Add another 80 for an alignment and I think that is very reasonable.

I just have zero interest in having the possibility of it being nose high when done. Then having to drop another 1,500 just to bring the rear back to level.

if others have done this with 17 and 18's and it's simply level without being too high, i'm glad to move forward. that does not seem to be the case.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that collars are not a good solution, but they are inexpensive and available in different heights so the front might not end up too tall. I applaud you for doing your own work, I do my own too.

This video makes a convincing case for the Geiser coils rather than the Eibach with video evidence of how the truck actually works offroad with the different springs. Granted, the truck in the video has the Deaver rears installed so the stock leaves may work a little differently. It appears that progressive springs work much better when using the Raptor for what it was designed to do.

As for the rear leaves, there is something wrong with with factory setup in the form of a 2” block.

I plan on doing the rear and leaving the front stock, but on the Deavers I was looking at doing a +3 with the 1” drop shackle so if I want to add Geiser coils later I can raise the rear 1” by changing back to the factory shackle. My truck will see a lot of highway miles, so I don’t really want additional height.

Hdscreens

Reaction score
If I go with +2” deavers but keep stock height therefore eliminating factory block and bump stop pad would could I possibly break while off roading?

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a look at the stock leaves and block, it’s just ford being cheap, raptor is expensive and capable off road but the stock leaves are just a 50lb weight saving/cost saving part, should they need to be switched? no, but they do if you load the truck and drive off road, by the way there is significant labour to install unless you can do it at home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc