Dealor in Houston with allocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
This dealer has a horrendous reputation...and that is NOT MSRP once they hit you will all of these ad-ons. Buyer beware.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This dealer has a horrendous reputation...and that is NOT MSRP once they hit you will all of these ad-ons. Buyer beware.

This is Jorge Lopez from Tomball Ford in Tomball Tx and I recall you sending a message thru my website regarding the upcoming Ford Raptor 2021 with Ecoboost. I am following up with to find out if you are still interested. Would you be kind enough to let me know if you are still in the market for one? If you are still interested, then I would like to share with you a plan to make this process straight forward and easy so allow me to share it with you.
Because of the demand and low supply of these trucks, I know for a fact that dealerships will mark up this truck way above MSRP. And to combat this I have come up with a plan to sell you the Raptor at MSRP without any markup if we can come to terms on the following.
  • A deposit of $4,000 will need to be collected via credit card to place an order. And this deposit will be used towards the purchase of the Raptor when it arrives.
  • We will request to finance the Raptor for you. We have great lenders that will assist in giving us a way to go for financing.
  • We request you purchase an extended service warranty contract with coverage of 100k miles/ 5 years for a price of $4,595. This will be a bumper to bumper like coverage good at any Ford dealership nationwide plus this warranty covers for a loaner vehicle in case you need to have a covered repair done. And this coverage will also cover for roadside assistance plus it is a transferable warranty in case you need to sell the Raptor.
  • Most paperwork and documents will be signed electronically.
  • This is for the 2021 Ecoboost and if interested in the 2022 then we will need to communicate later.
  • Timeline is still unknown but believe we should have pricing and eta soon. It is estimated that the first ones will arrive this summer.
So, I would like to get you in our Raptor order list as soon as possible. Since 2017 I have been helping many people get their Raptor and it would be my pleasure help you too. So, I am asking you to give me the opportunity to prove to you that buying from us will be worth it. What do you think? Is this something that may work for you?

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Man what an absolute slime ball that dude is...not a surprise from that dealer at all.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mandating the purchase of a dealership warranty is no better than charging above MSRP. Just a different way to screw someone over.

mpd510

Reaction score
I looked into this guy....5K for that freaking insurance and he demanded you not refinance for at least 90 days and only can use Ford credit..This dude is a scam.
not going to defend this guy but a little critical thinking can help here. By law, you can cancel any extended warranty for a full refund in the first 30 days and pro-rated after that. The dealership can ask you not to refinance but once you have the keys and sign the contract, 10 days after that the Ford Credit is in charge. Refinance that shit. Easy peasy. There are consumer protection laws that cover all this. So play the game. Buy it, buy the warranty, use ford credit, wait 10 days and send Ford Credit a letter stating you want to cancel the warranty and refinace. you got MSRP with just a bit of hassle. Or dont and wait til you find one elsewhere hopefully this year. I usually do the same thing for every car/truck I own. I dont like payments but would never tell the dealership I'm paying cash. Tell them you will finance with them and buy the big warranty. They will come down on the price more. Then pay the loan off and cancel the warranty. done it many times.

Last edited:

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
not going to defend this guy but a little critical thinking can help here. By law, you can cancel any extended warranty for a full refund in the first 30 days and pro-rated after that. The dealership can ask you not to refinance but once you have the keys and sign the contract, 10 days after that the Ford Credit is in charge. Refinance that shit. Easy peasy. There are consumer protection laws that cover all this.
Why have to deal with any of that...and you're assuming a lot of things--with this clown and that dealer they will not make things easy I have a feeling (based upon their 'requests') if the truck even shows up.

'Consumer protection laws' - i.e. you will need to get an attorney. See where I'm going...not worth the time or the effort.

It's as dumb as someone dating a stripper thinking she won't cheat on you. You know what the gig is on the way in. In this case it's bend over and grab the KY.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4k deposit? First I have heard of any dealer asking for more than 1k. scam #1

Required finance and not to refi/payoff within 90 days. More margin for the dealer, they get the buy rate from the bank based on your credit score (say 1%), then tell you the rate is 2% for you so they can pocket the difference. scam #2. And if you refi or pay off loan in 90 days, the dealer has to repay the kickback they got in the first place for customers who finance. scam #3.

FloodFord has the same warranty (5 yr/100k) right now that you can buy for $1700, with no deductible. IF you add a deductible, they get cheaper. scam #4.

Tell him to ****, and reply to his youtube videos that he scams you by requiring add-ons that other dealers don't.

mpd510

Reaction score
Why have to deal with any of that...and you're assuming a lot of things--with this clown and that dealer they will not make things easy I have a feeling (based upon their 'requests') if the truck even shows up.

'Consumer protection laws' - i.e. you will need to get an attorney. See where I'm going...not worth the time or the effort.

It's as dumb as someone dating a stripper thinking she won't cheat on you. You know what the gig is on the way in. In this case it's bend over and grab the KY.
yea, well I live in Houston about 5 miles from the Dealership and bought a few cars from Tomball Ford over the years. Not sure where got that it has a bad reputation from. It's one of the better Ford dealerships in the Houston area. They all suck ***** but I've never had a problem with them. I can tell you that they are the only Dealership not Marking up at least 10k. There was one that was going to sell at MSRP no strings but they are small and only got 3 that were spoken for. I ordered a37 from him, got the DORA, confirmed with Ford Performance. and when I get it I will cancel the warranty and pay it off.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, well I live in Houston about 5 miles from the Dealership and bought a few cars from Tomball Ford over the years. Not sure where got that it has a bad reputation from. It's one of the better Ford dealerships in the Houston area. They all suck ***** but I've never had a problem with them. I can tell you that they are the only Dealership not Marking up at least 10k. There was one that was going to sell at MSRP no strings but they are small and only got 3 that were spoken for. I ordered a37 from him, got the DORA, confirmed with Ford Performance. and when I get it I will cancel the warranty and pay it off.
You are right in most ways but 1. Ford Credit has APR's that are WAY!! Higher than other financial institutions. Ford is pushing 5-6-7-8% APR's. When you have no alternative you are screwed.

OP
OP
M

Mark Dickerson

Reaction score
You are right in most ways but 1. Ford Credit has APR's that are WAY!! Higher than other financial institutions. Ford is pushing 5-6-7-8% APR's. When you have no alternative you are screwed.
I understand that affects most people, I personally don't care if It were 10%. I'm going to pay it off after 10 days. This truly is not a hassle for me as I fight insurance companies for a living. it's just a couple of phone calls and emails.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter