dealership help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I finally sold my 2011 Lariat Screw, and drive 2 hours to Sheehy Ford in Warrenton VA to place a deposit and order my 2013 Raptor (after confirming over the phone multiple times that they would do it for invoice), and I get there and they say "2500 over invoice"... which incidentally is not the same as invoice. Just a buyer beware for anyone looking, they clearly don't value your time. So I'm looking for another dealership that will sell for invoice!

I bought my 2012 Raptor from Sheehy in Ashland this past 2012.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

So I finally sold my 2011 Lariat Screw, and drive 2 hours to Sheehy Ford in Warrenton VA to place a deposit and order my 2013 Raptor (after confirming over the phone multiple times that they would do it for invoice), and I get there and they say "2500 over invoice"... which incidentally is not the same as invoice. Just a buyer beware for anyone looking, they clearly don't value your time. So I'm looking for another dealership that will sell for invoice!

What a bunch of ******** for doing that to you...........

As I posted on another thread here; I went there in the beginning of Sept. just to test drive a '12 they had ( I had already ordered my '13 from another dealership in July). Last couple of weeks have been getting calls/emails from them as their 13's roll in. Told them I will not pay more than invoice for it a few times - I'm just being honest and clear what I will or will not pay - that's pretty simple......... so here's their last email from today -

"I would like to sell you a truck. I can't sell you a Raptor at invoice, regardless of how many are out there. No dealer is going to sell a Raptor at invoice. I can move off the sticker some........ We have the truck you want, its just a matter of getting the numbers agreed to "

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

What a bunch of ******** for doing that to you...........

As I posted on another thread here; I went there in the beginning of Sept. just to test drive a '12 they had ( I had already ordered my '13 from another dealership in July). Last couple of weeks have been getting calls/emails from them as their 13's roll in. Told them I will not pay more than invoice for it a few times - I'm just being honest and clear what I will or will not pay - that's pretty simple......... so here's their last email from today -

"I would like to sell you a truck. I can't sell you a Raptor at invoice, regardless of how many are out there. No dealer is going to sell a Raptor at invoice. I can move off the sticker some........ We have the truck you want, its just a matter of getting the numbers agreed to "
at invoice might be dificult, but slightly above is not a problem. mine was $260 over invoice. some guys here got it for $50 over invoice. i have only heard of 2 people at or below invoice. but i would show the dealer some of the dora pics that have been posted

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at invoice might be dificult, but slightly above is not a problem. mine was $260 over invoice. some guys here got it for $50 over invoice. i have only heard of 2 people at or below invoice. but i would show the dealer some of the dora pics that have been posted

I got mine at invoice -- and I agree not many dealers are willing to do that. But to do the 'ol bait and switch with prices after he drives all the way there for the deal is a **** move on their part.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine at invoice -- and I agree not many dealers are willing to do that. But to do the 'ol bait and switch with prices after he drives all the way there for the deal is a **** move on their part.
go to a different dealer. if they are ******** you there is no point in dealing with them. if they are going to do this now, what else can they do in the future?

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove past a dealer today in Houston, thought I saw a 2013 Raptor on display so I went back to to take a look. Salesman was so happy to see me but when I asked about the 2013 he told me it was a 2012 that had been modified. They had several 2012 to show me, but I told him I had a 2013 on order elsewhere, that was basically the end of the conversation. He told me good luck, no ETA on when Ford was even going to start making them. He said probably not until next summer :)
Of course I told him that he was wrong and that the 2013's were already at the dealers around the country he did a couple clicks on his computer and walked away never to be seen again.
I walked up to the front to look at the 2012 and it was a great looking Black OPs special edition. 6" lift kit, all blacked out, HID headlamps all blacked out. Took a pic of the dealer sticker for 65K.
I am still waiting for mine production date, but it will be well worth the wait, and I am happy that I don't have to deal with that dealer/salesman.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 36

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah i saw one last week...overpriced and underpowered... looks cool

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear, Angela told me invoice as well but I haven't tried to close the deal on an ordered Raptor. I'm hoping a 13 shows up that I like sooner and can hopefully haggle for invoice.