Dealership Forgot to put lug nuts on tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd lawyer up and go for the kill here, VIN is screwed on Carfax, and dealer will skimp wherever they can. Seek appropriate damages and repairs, can't say I'd want those same mechanics doing the repairs either....

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had damage done to one of my cars at a dealership. GET A POLICE REPORT! The police report saved my ass when the lawyers came after me. My car was parked and was backed into by an employee that worked for the dealership. I was told that everything would be taken care of. The guy that hit me never reported it to his manager and when I called to get things paid for it was the first time they heard of it. The only thing I had on my side was the police report. Saved me thousands.

D

Deleted member 12951

Just for the record, they don’t put lug nuts on the tire. They put lug nuts on the wheels. Perhaps in your case though, they DID put the lug nuts on the tire and they fell off when they moved it.

Glad I was able to help clarify the situation

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To add to some clarification the truck isn’t a standard gen1. It’s my old build. @CoronaRaptor I’m over here crying btw...

So as far as what was done custom work wise there is an 18 page thread. My issue/concern is dropping the weight of the truck at any speed on the bare suspension. Who knows the whole front frame could be crooked now. At a minimum your talking near lca, near icon zeta 3.0, new icon billet upper, new rpg tie rod a tone of firewall plating, new wheel hub caliper, brakes, hoses, axel, 39” km3, icon wheel, adv glass and custom liners to fit 39”s a new door, plus all the labor, easy 20k “fix” and who knows what other gremlins will be to follow...

As the builder this hurts to see. How Fn STUPID people can be.

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One word. Carfux. Two words. Diminished value. Three words. Get that compensated.
This is why I would try to leave insurance out of it. My wife's trackhawk was hit in a parking lot. Went through insurance, and they noted it to Carfax. After much inquiring, it appears the insurance, not the body shop reports to Carfax.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

scary gary

Reaction score
Flush is not to fords protocol call. I recently had it recommended to me and I did it. Transmission went out and had to be replaced. I learns a lot from this experience it’s been a battle of almost a 6 months now. They blamed my 37s and voided my warranty. I proved to them it’s not under protocol for that transmission and they had to replace it.