Dealers Selling at MSRP Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really seems like a con with some of these dealers.

looked at a newly arrived 2021 listed on website at MSRP + $600 doc fee.....I message dealer to confirm/lock-in price and they setup an appointment, get to dealer and there is a 20k ADM on truck.

I test drive it anyway and then we sit down and I let them appraise my trade (they offer me a lot (about 8k more than wholesale) but have the 20k ADM....I tell them that I am about 15k off and that I can order a 2022 at MSRP.....sales manager says that he will call owner of dealer and gets it down 2k to 18k ADM and that if I can order MSRP to do it.

I leave and then order a 2022 and the dealer calls me back and says they will give me more for my trade to bring the difference down further....totally ridiculous because they are already way over trade in value...I told them I ordered a 2022 and they got so pissed....not sure what is wrong with these a-hole dealers.....just advertise a fair price and be transparent and they will sell more and have a much better reputation.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeh…but you guys get the benefit of NO STATE TAX …
a point of correction: Not state INCOME tax.
TX has plenty of other taxes, but income wise, yeah that’s pretty good benefit.

you're welcome to move from commi land... so long as the lib politics stay in Cali.
HOLD UP HOMEY. No, they’re not welcome. Texas is full. Move along.

looked at a newly arrived 2021 listed on website at MSRP + $600 doc fee.....I message dealer to confirm/lock-in price and they setup an appointment, get to dealer and there is a 20k ADM on truck.

I test drive it anyway and then we sit down and I let them appraise my trade (they offer me a lot (about 8k more than wholesale) but have the 20k ADM....I tell them that I am about 15k off and that I can order a 2022 at MSRP.....sales manager says that he will call owner of dealer and gets it down 2k to 18k ADM and that if I can order MSRP to do it.

I leave and then order a 2022 and the dealer calls me back and says they will give me more for my trade to bring the difference down further....totally ridiculous because they are already way over trade in value...I told them I ordered a 2022 and they got so pissed....not sure what is wrong with these a-hole dealers.....just advertise a fair price and be transparent and they will sell more and have a much better reputation.

yeah, so you’re paying sales tax on the ADM too, so it’s not only financially dumb to pay any ADM, making it up on the trade doesn’t make it up.

ARB

Reaction score
Funny you mention this.
I emailed a dealership close to home about ordering a 2021/2022 Raptor. The salesman replied back they are selling them at 20K over MSRP. I wrote back that I was all set.

Armyraptor

Roush Raptor in Qatar
Reaction score
I personally enjoy emailing all the autotrader ads and requesting options list/window sticker then calling out the ADM. When they say all go that route I kindly inform them there are dealers in many locations not doing that. No change in the dealer I just enjoy it is all.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally enjoy emailing all the autotrader ads and requesting options list/window sticker then calling out the ADM. When they say all go that route I kindly inform them there are dealers in many locations not doing that. No change in the dealer I just enjoy it is all.
I’m at least 20 dealers deep across multiple states and the response is the same from all them about the ADM. One today called MSRP ‘special pricing’. I laughed him off the phone

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This crap is why dealerships should go extinct and manufacturers go the way of Teslas model. Why is there a middle man anyway? Here’s the price, order it, receive it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
take a picture from a new-ish user here and text back to these guys - look, I have an MSRP deal on --this-- truck, but it’s out of state. you stop trying to game me and get serious about pricing and save me the trip. Else I buy out of state.

worst that can happen is they agree to MSRP and you gotta put up or shut up.