Dealer Sold My Raptor 37 to Another Buyer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. They are horrendous -- but the guy posting is from CA, and TX dealers (esp Haik) love CA suckers.
All of Austin area Ford dealers suck. Most of them have 15k+ ADM. Houston is better since they have more dealers and are more competitive in pricing and is where I ordered mine from.

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
Long story but one of the Coverts claimed they had Raptors ordered and coming in soon. I reached out to him and he passed me over to sales guy at Covert Hutto. Sales guy quoted me $30,000 ADM if I was interested. I told him I would pass.

My wife ordered a Bronco on the first day the order banks opened up from Covert Ford When it was time to finish the paperwork (March 2021), a salesman sent an email to a personal email address at around 4pm telling my wife that she had to come down that evening or they would "cancel" her order. We were on Spring Break at the time and she didn't get the email until the next day. She emailed back and he didn't have the courtesy to respond. We ended up complaining to Ford corporate and the sales guy was fired.

Andrew555

Reaction score
sucks, unfortunately a lot of crappy Ford dealers out there... Once you find a good one though, stick with them as they will take care of you...

bobbyboost

Reaction score
When mine arrived at the dealership I was told I have 7 days to pick it up or they'd sell it to someone else.

It hit the dealer's website on the day I was picking it up. They had 5 offers before I got there.

I think the GM would have been happier to sell it to someone else, they stuck with their promise of MSRP to me. They would have marked it up if I didn't take it.
Same exact thing happened to me. They said they had multiple offers within minutes of posting the truck on their website (which they apparently do with every vehicle they get, even if it is already sold).

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me. They said they had multiple offers within minutes of posting the truck on their website (which they apparently do with every vehicle they get, even if it is already sold).
It’s common process with many manufacturers if not all. Every time I order it pops up on their website when it’s built.

Dawg

Reaction score
That sucks. Enjoy your new truck!
I’m from Ga but had a deal (5,000 over msrp, so not a good deal)to buy a gt350r from Texas dealer back in 2018. Sent them copy of my license and deposit. Was going to f1 race in Austin the next week but changed my flight to Houston to pick up car. They sold it to someone else and it cost me around 300 to change flights. No apologies, nothing but a text saying the car was already sold.

OP
OP
T

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me. Twice(although one was an allocation issue, the other was straight taking my order that I had a much larger deposit down on).

Regardless, thanks to the forum I was still able to land a CO 37pp that I'm supposed to pickup on Thursday morning. Much like anyone else this has happened to however I'm going to be anxious and nervous until I leave the dealership with the truck. The other cool piece is that my truck I'm picking up is 100% sticker for sticker identical to the one I ordered myself back in July so it all worked out, even if it was a crappy situation.
That’s great news and wish you the best of luck getting what’s going to be an awesome truck! Hope they play any games as I experienced.

OP
OP
T

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Reading all these crazy stories just makes me feel lucky that I was able to get our 21'.

Nice Tremor by the way! Those sure are sharp trucks!
Thanks Bubba, def been enjoying it and surprised I like the Tremor so much. Unlike Raptor it’s needs some help from factory. Adding a coilover lift, tires/wheels def helped it put. Thanks again and good to hear you got a 21!

Attachments

• 352CDA97-9CCA-461A-A6BA-584218E1637F.jpeg
    352CDA97-9CCA-461A-A6BA-584218E1637F.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
T

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would reiterate you should call Ford customer service and let them know what happened & see if they want copies of your paperwork. How they handle this will tell if Ford really cares about this abuse!
I agree, I’ll def send the documents and deposit receipt to them so they are aware of what these dealers are doing. It’s crazy how bad one dealer is from another.

Covert Ford completely screwed me over and didn’t give a sh*t but I drive 30 mins to Mac Haik and have amazing experience and customer service. (Just wish they had a a Raptor to sell me)