Dealer Sold My Raptor 37 to Another Buyer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ProFlyer, that’s exactly what I told the GM and Sales Manager that this kinda is a contract?! and they both completely shot it down and claimed it was not.

By the end of the conversation with Covert I was so disappointed in how ridiculous the situation had become that I decided I didn’t even want to give them my business.

Looking back I should have did more and tried to force them to sell to me, but happy with the truck I purchased (Tremor attached) and will look to upgrade to a Raptor next year when hopefully this insane truck market starts to calm down.

Thanks
Wow, looks stunning. Sorry about what the scumbags at Covert did to you, but this is a beautiful truck.

lardog

Reaction score
Covert Ford of Austin don't give a f***....they are a large dealership that get 15-20 allocations for Raptors. I hate that place and would never give them business.
I am sorry for what happened at the hands of this unscrupulous dealer in Austin. But I would encourage everyone to spend the time and do as many postings as possible on any forums when a dealer fails to live up to their agreed contract. Please make sure you list the dealer names as you did.
Ford has taken a lot of heat in the last year with the same greedy dealers asking huge dollars for so called mandatory dealer installed accessories. The mandatory installed accessories were the result of many customer complaints regarding Ford dealers asking big dollars over MSRP. Ford responded with a warning letter sent to all dealers to not ask for big dollars over the MSRP or future allocations would be adjusted.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey ProFlyer, that’s exactly what I told the GM and Sales Manager that this kinda is a contract?! and they both completely shot it down and claimed it was not.

By the end of the conversation with Covert I was so disappointed in how ridiculous the situation had become that I decided I didn’t even want to give them my business.

Looking back I should have did more and tried to force them to sell to me, but happy with the truck I purchased (Tremor attached) and will look to upgrade to a Raptor next year when hopefully this insane truck market starts to calm down.

Thanks
Good looking truck. Totally up to you, but I'd still file a complaint with the dealer board. Stuff like this needs to stop. If the tables were turned and you said "oh, I don't want the truck anymore" and it wasn't a crazy market, you can bet they'd sure say it's a contract with your signature on it. At the least they'd try to keep your deposit.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt want to create another thread so Ill add this tidbit of info in this thread.
Another salesman addressed the announcement that was made by the Ford CEO earlier this month about mark-ups.

"And as far as the mark up. I think the CEO is referring to the dealers that are charging 25-35k over sticker. Because we are a publicly owned, our corporate people cap all mark ups."

So I guess it's ok to bend people over for 10, 15, 20k but they draw the line @ $25k.
Glad he cleared that up.

Maybe I should go over to Dodge where they can actually produce vehicles in a reasonable amount of time and give discounts.
I swear Ford is run by Bozo T. Clown.

speedracer00

Reaction score
TXRaptor37's Tremor pic has me wondering if a Raptor is really worth it (dealing with the dealerships, ADMs, wait times and the general BS that's been going on with these trucks). If I buy a Tremor and sink 10-15 maybe even 20k extra into it in upgrades (suspension and performance) would I have a truck that is better than a raptor???? I guess that's a question for another thread but I sure would like to see where it could go. OP, you got yourself a really nice truck and I have to compliment you on making lemonade from lemons...well done sir!

Boeing777

Reaction score
Hey Raptor nation, unfortunately I’m leaving forum since I don’t have a Raptor anymore ☹️

I was completely screwed over by Covert Ford in Austin, TX. Details below, which are 100% accurate. Spoke with the GM of dealer today, Carlos, and would highly recommend NOT to do business with such clowns.

Raptor 37 PP with an Oct 10 2021 order:
- walked into dealer Jan 19th 2022
- sales person and inventory manager print out a few Raptors that they have dealer stock ordered and told me were not spoken for and available to reserve
- I selected a Black, loaded 37 PP
- Signed the attached order form which included the VIN number, order number, and agreement to pay $5k over sticker
- paid $500 deposit and both myself and the salesperson signed the document
- Called 2.17.22 (my B-Day) hoping to get any updates and good news as a gift
- salesperson starts back peddling and says the truck might have to be switched?!?!
- I then visit the dealer 2.18.22 and ask for Sales Manager, Lee, he apologizes about confusion and claims he will get to the bottom of it since there are 2 buyers, 1 truck. I said if I’m the 2nd guy, I’ll back off and take my deposit back, but I could tell something was off.
- straight asked if they sold to someone else for more money and it was obvious
- they then ghost me for 3 days after he claims we was gonna work it out with the GM
- GM calls me today, provides no real reason that this mistake happens and has the nerve to say “my story isn’t adding up” and that they can’t sell me the truck. And they can’t confirm if/when another 37 PP available. I plead my case and falls on deaf ears, as they don’t care and want the extra $$ from the other buyer.

I ask for my deposit back and said I’ll take business elsewhere and would rather pay more money to work with a dealer that has any integrity, which is rare nowadays.

It’s truly a shame dealers can get away with this nowadays, but what can I do.

Anyways if you read this whole post, I appreciate the floor to vent, and please do NOT use Covert Ford Austin, TX

Best of luck with your Raptors! Bought a Tremor instead from Mac Haik (who have been awesome) and will enjoy it till this market hopefully adjust back to sanity in a couple years and I can get a Raptor next time!!
Don’t ever deal with the covert Ford or Chevrolet any other dealerships they all Crooks they will screw you over

SoCalTroy

@SoCalRaptor1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is why Ford is considering selling DIRECT to consumers. While I hope that does happen, it will force dealers to be more honest, I will continue to work with my dealer who has honored every deal I've done with them (Galpin Ford/Galpin Auto Sports) as well as some recent referrals I've given them.

When I first went to order mine, they wanted $25k over here in California, but when I reached out to the GM who remembered me, they took and filled my MSRP order. Of course, I've purchased multiple vehicles from them as well as many mods, but the average consumer shouldn't have to do that either.

A good dealership is worth their weight in gold, as long as they are honest too; so with direct sales as their direct competitor it will force dealers to perform and treat customers better.