Dealer Sold My Raptor 37 to Another Buyer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think the GM would have been happier to sell it to someone else, they stuck with their promise of MSRP to me. They would have marked it up if I didn't take it.
So, the GM did what people are supposed to do.
I would reiterate you should call Ford customer service and let them know what happened & see if they want copies of your paperwork. How they handle this will tell if Ford really cares about this abuse!
get a case number from Ford CS. share the case here. I’d be happy to call them and let them know that while this continues to happen, Ford is off the shopping list. I’m pretty sure none of us would like being treated this way.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're willing to take this down the line, I'd file a complaint with the state AG and the state dealer board. This is blatant bait/switch and non-performance. They're all licensed, and there are rules governing those licenses. I've had two lemon trucks over the years, and one lease where an Audi dealer tried to back-date the lease paperwork to hit their numbers for the month. When Audi wouldn't allow it, the dealer tried to change the deal. I said pound sand and returned the car after having it for nearly 3 months, they tried to keep my down payment/first month. I filed complaints with the dealer board and got every penny back, plus the state fined the dealer 5k.

Worth it I think as this has gotten out of control. I'd also let Ford know you're filing complaints, they have to take that stuff seriously.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straight from salesman this morning when I asked if they’re charging ADM.

“I completely understand. The Raptor is a very limited dealer allocated unit, our 2022 allocation on Raptors is in the single digits. All of our vehicles are always priced competitively in line with current market values based off NADA, Auction Data, and average national retail sales based off new and pre owned units. In the case with the Raptor, this data has the Raptor current value much greater than MSRP on all scales for the unforeseeable future. If I can be of further assistance ill gladly help, “

So yeah ..Ford isn’t holding anyone accountable.

Last edited:

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Covert Ford Hutto (just outside of Austin)

The Ford F-150 is popular everywhere in America, but especially in Texas. What's also popular in the Lone Star State are guns. So it'd make sense to combine them for the so-called "complete package." Thing is, firearms sales without a license is extremely illegal, but that didn't stop two Ford dealership employees from trying.
According to Automotive News, the two men, Craig Tondre, formerly a sales manager at Covert Ford Hutto, and dealer employee Joshua Ellard, were arrested last month and charged with dealing firearms without a license. Ellard had previously been convicted in Florida of second-degree murder.

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-dealer-employees-secretly-sold-guns-off-the-lot

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine arrived at the dealership I was told I have 7 days to pick it up or they'd sell it to someone else.

It hit the dealer's website on the day I was picking it up. They had 5 offers before I got there.

I think the GM would have been happier to sell it to someone else, they stuck with their promise of MSRP to me. They would have marked it up if I didn't take it.
Would they have been okay if you paid for it but picked it up later? I might be overseas for ~10 days right around the time I'm expecting the truck, but totally don't mind paying for it in advance, even before the truck arrives at the dealer. Is that the type of thing dealers are typically willing to do? MSRP deal so you can understand why I'm a bit anxious.

EddieTooRaww

Reaction score
Hey Raptor nation, unfortunately I’m leaving forum since I don’t have a Raptor anymore ☹️

I was completely screwed over by Covert Ford in Austin, TX. Details below, which are 100% accurate. Spoke with the GM of dealer today, Carlos, and would highly recommend NOT to do business with such clowns.

Raptor 37 PP with an Oct 10 2021 order:
- walked into dealer Jan 19th 2022
- sales person and inventory manager print out a few Raptors that they have dealer stock ordered and told me were not spoken for and available to reserve
- I selected a Black, loaded 37 PP
- Signed the attached order form which included the VIN number, order number, and agreement to pay $5k over sticker
- paid $500 deposit and both myself and the salesperson signed the document
- Called 2.17.22 (my B-Day) hoping to get any updates and good news as a gift
- salesperson starts back peddling and says the truck might have to be switched?!?!
- I then visit the dealer 2.18.22 and ask for Sales Manager, Lee, he apologizes about confusion and claims he will get to the bottom of it since there are 2 buyers, 1 truck. I said if I’m the 2nd guy, I’ll back off and take my deposit back, but I could tell something was off.
- straight asked if they sold to someone else for more money and it was obvious
- they then ghost me for 3 days after he claims we was gonna work it out with the GM
- GM calls me today, provides no real reason that this mistake happens and has the nerve to say “my story isn’t adding up” and that they can’t sell me the truck. And they can’t confirm if/when another 37 PP available. I plead my case and falls on deaf ears, as they don’t care and want the extra $$ from the other buyer.

I ask for my deposit back and said I’ll take business elsewhere and would rather pay more money to work with a dealer that has any integrity, which is rare nowadays.

It’s truly a shame dealers can get away with this nowadays, but what can I do.

Anyways if you read this whole post, I appreciate the floor to vent, and please do NOT use Covert Ford Austin, TX

Best of luck with your Raptors! Bought a Tremor instead from Mac Haik (who have been awesome) and will enjoy it till this market hopefully adjust back to sanity in a couple years and I can get a Raptor next time!!
Dude I talked to these guys recently and they are selling a white 35 Raptor for $25k over MSRP. I did some digging and it looks like Covert bought a couple of allocations from a dealer in Pennsylvania. I questioned them about it and they said they bought the allocations for $19k from them. They would not move on price, $5k over MSRP that you go seemed decent. Screw these clowns!

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would they have been okay if you paid for it but picked it up later? I might be overseas for ~10 days right around the time I'm expecting the truck, but totally don't mind paying for it in advance, even before the truck arrives at the dealer. Is that the type of thing dealers are typically willing to do? MSRP deal so you can understand why I'm a bit anxious.
I'm sure that they would. If not, I would have been seriously pissed at having to wait for 8 months, then the dealer ******** me because I was out of town.

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that they would. If not, I would have been seriously pissed at having to wait for 8 months, then the dealer ******** me because I was out of town.
Exactly. In my case, it will be ~7 months (deposit and signed paperwork) and I don't want any shenanigans after having invested so much time into this. I'll wait until ~10 days out from my trip and if no sign of truck until then, approach them with the idea of paying for it before I leave.

Thanks for your thoughts.