Dealers suck?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Yes, but further down the choices list

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRptr

Reaction score
See pictures. Pretty pissed off….drivers rear coil sitting like this. Drove the vehicle home and in to town once, didn’t feel anything peculiar but noticed it when walking up my driveway from the mailbox.

Not going to touch it myself, but pretty pissed off. How can they screw this up?

163CD671-FD25-4E79-8102-FDE15576CBE3.jpeg6D15D319-2D9C-4009-82CB-F75D634A937C.jpeg

18LFG

Reaction score
I always feel like every trip to the dealer is a potential problem in and of itself, I avoid it at all costs.
It’s called the dealer service lottery. Are they going to do the job right or screw it up…or maybe damage something unrelated, are your numbers coming up…

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure how the coil would pop out from a shock replacement? The shock should be a straight swap. Am I missing something when it comes to swapping the rear shocks on this truck?

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how the coil would pop out from a shock replacement? The shock should be a straight swap. Am I missing something when it comes to swapping the rear shocks on this truck?
I’d assume a tech that’s used to swapping shocks on leaf spring trucks might not support the axle when unbolting the shock. With a coil rear end the shock is keeping the axle from dropping to the point the spring can slip out of the bucket. With a leaf spring truck I’m pretty sure you could unbolt the shock at full droop without supporting the axle. I’ve always placed a jack under the axle when doing it so I could be wrong.

I’m more concerned with the report of it happening on the trail. It’s a bit surprising there’s nothing locking the spring in to the buckets at the top and bottom. If it’s doing this to stock setups those spacers to lift the rear end seem like a really bad idea.

Last edited:

ugliestdrivingraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d assume a tech that’s used to swapping shocks on leaf spring trucks might not support the axle when unbolting the shock. With a coil rear end the shock is keeping the axle from dropping to the point the spring can slip out of the bucket. With a leaf spring truck I’m pretty sure you could unbolt the shock at full droop without supporting the axle. I’ve always placed a jack under the axle when doing it so I could be wrong.

I’m more concerned with the report of it happening on the trail. It’s a bit surprising there’s nothing locking the spring in to the buckets at the top and bottom. If it’s doing this to stock setups those spacers to lift the rear end seem like a really bad idea.
yeah that sounds terrifying to have happen out on trail. Wtf do you do then?