Dash reboots randomly while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conflict

Reaction score
My 2019 raptor isn't that old (had an early 2017) ... several times a week the Digital dash (all of it) will go black, then reboot.

Once it comes online it can get confused. This morning it said I was 34 miles to empty. After it rebooted it said I was 129 miles to empty. Not entirely sure what it was.. i went to the gas station and after fillup realized the earlier 34 miles to empty was wrong.

I've had the center ford sync reboot occasionally on my old 2017,,, but the weekly dash reboots is unsettling. I'm going to take it in for sure. I'm just curious if anybody else has experienced this. I'll report back with the fix.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 F250 Sync would reboot randomly just driving down the highway, traded it for 2018 Raptor, hasn't happened so far.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you talking about sync or the gauge cluster?

Here's my gauge cluster for about 3 days and then it stopped. regardless my local dealership is ordering me a new gauge cluster >> https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...sessed-dealer-here-i-come.66717/#post-1339162

My 2019 raptor isn't that old (had an early 2017) ... several times a week the Digital dash (all of it) will go black, then reboot.

Once it comes online it can get confused. This morning it said I was 34 miles to empty. After it rebooted it said I was 129 miles to empty. Not entirely sure what it was.. i went to the gas station and after fillup realized the earlier 34 miles to empty was wrong.

I've had the center ford sync reboot occasionally on my old 2017,,, but the weekly dash reboots is unsettling. I'm going to take it in for sure. I'm just curious if anybody else has experienced this. I'll report back with the fix.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
our 2014 explorer sport did that....ford could never figure it out.....just a random in dash (behind steering wheel) display reboot for no reason, and on no cadence at all.

good luck.

OP
OP
C

conflict

Reaction score
Im taking it in for service. Here is a new bug....

If I turn the AC on, the heated steering wheel turns itself on. If you turn off the heated steering wheel, it turns off the AC. :(

Lucid Moment

Reaction score
Op, I started the truck few days ago, black gauge cluster, black sync screen, none of the controls worked. Only rear windows would go down. Nothing else worked. I restarted the truck with same result, so I started driving, 2 miles later everything comes back. I received a notification on the app stating I had a drivetrain malfunction. Had not happened since. Please share your outcome.

OP
OP
C

conflict

Reaction score
Update: I took it to the dealer and they applied software updates. I was suspicious this would fix it because the dash wasn't behaving like buggy software. It seemed ok for 75 miles, but now the dash is rebooting while driving again.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I know how hard it is to troubleshoot sporadic issues like this. Plus a lot of dealers only troubleshoot for codes. hang a camera in your cab and record it while driving until it happens again so you have proof, then contact Ford C/S. These types of gremlins are hard to eradicate.