Dash Lights randomly staying on??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notnks

Reaction score
I've been roaming around this forum for a long time now but this is my first post. I have recently bought my first Ford, a 2011 Raptor. The dash lights will randomly stay on when parked and kill the battery. Has anyone else had or have this problem and how do I fix it?
Thank you

OP
OP
notnks

notnks

Reaction score
No, every thing is off. When I hit the lock button on the key fob twice the dash lights will usually go off and stay off. Last night I got out of the truck and made sure the dash lights were off, I went out about 2-3 hrs later and the dash lights were on. ???? I have never seen anything like this before.

OP
OP
notnks

notnks

Reaction score
I wish it was that easy of a fix. Burn little sage, wave it around and the ghosts are gone.
I thought that it might be just the battery, so I had it tested at Napa and they said it was good.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like somethings up with the Body Control Module which is located behind the passenger side kick panel. I would take a quick look to make sure you don't see any water getting into it. Maybe it can be reflashed and that is the issue. Must be done at the dealer though.

bwep

Reaction score
Well, guess mine is haunted to. I also have walked by mine in the garage and seen just the dash lights on. It seems they will come on then shut off after about a minute. I have no idea how many time it might be doing it, never had a dead battery. I would leave the key in the ignition ( :chair: ) when parked in my garage. I now have been removing it and have not seen that problem since. Might be my trucks way of saying take the key out dummy :emotions33:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought that the battery shuts down after a while. I know when you leave the lights on, either headlights or inside lights, they shut themselves off after a while. Maybe my ghost are helper ghost?

bwep

Reaction score
Hey Joker....nice to see a fellow Ma Raptor owner here.... I'm In Methuen.... don't see many of our trucks around here...