Daily Driver + Sports Car --> Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At one point I had too much...

RAPTOR
750 GIXXER
Audi R8 V10
325XI BMW
e46 m3.

The Raptor remained. And it has 153,000 miles without a single failed part except that tricky vacuum hose for the IWE.

I will be back in the car seen shortly. F12/DBS/ACR are on my radar; as well as another bike, most likely Aprilia this time.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 vehicles for years. Typically a Mustang GT and a truck. When I had a sports car the truck was always the daily driver. I needed the truck for work, motorcycles and general use. I found that more and more my sports car just sat unused. I'd always use the truck or ride a motorcycle. Enter the Raptor.

I bought my 2018 Raptor. I liked driving the Raptor and sold my car. If I wasn't driving the Raptor I was riding a bike. I even used the Raptor as our chase truck on 2 of our Baja trips. My wife (she has her own cars) likes the Raptor more than she like d the GT. When we go out it's in the Raptor. I have my 2023 now and like it even more.

I'm sticking with my current position. The Raptor is my daily driver and motorcycles are my alternate. I don't see that changing.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know what, you are absolutely right. Today I saw him in the rear view mirror (at drop-off) pointing to my truck and talking to his friends, all of them were grinning ear to ear.
They do the same thing to me when I'm driving away. Now if I only had kids at that school.....maybe that's why?

IamNomad

Reaction score
I've had my 2023 Raptor for just one month.

I've had my 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder since 2011.

I haven't had my Spyder out for a drive since I bought the Raptor.

It was a beautiful day here in the mountains so I took it out. It's so small and maneuverable it feels like a go-kart compared to the Raptor.
No way I would sell it.

The Raptor is a different kind of fun, and a much more practical one at that especially on the crappy roads I have to deal with up here.

OP
OP
H

Hagdio72

Reaction score
So today I went to a local Ford dealership and test drove a black 2022 Raptor with 35s. I was very impressed. Definitley many improvements over my 2018 Platinum from the interior quality, tech, suspension/ride, and steering feel. I also really enjoyed the factory exhaust note, especially in Baja. Really enjoyed the truck.

It's definitely got me thinking. Like I said, I'm waiting until the 2024s come out and will reassess from there. Took the Mustang for a cruise last night and drove it today. I do like it, but I'm finding I'm not as enthusiastic about driving it as I was during the first year of ownership. I'm starting to feel I've gotten the sports car stuff out of my system, at least for now.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So today I went to a local Ford dealership and test drove a black 2022 Raptor with 35s. I was very impressed. Definitley many improvements over my 2018 Platinum from the interior quality, tech, suspension/ride, and steering feel. I also really enjoyed the factory exhaust note, especially in Baja. Really enjoyed the truck.

It's definitely got me thinking. Like I said, I'm waiting until the 2024s come out and will reassess from there. Took the Mustang for a cruise last night and drove it today. I do like it, but I'm finding I'm not as enthusiastic about driving it as I was during the first year of ownership. I'm starting to feel I've gotten the sports car stuff out of my system, at least for now.
Time for a Gen 3 then!

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from a F-250 Superduty and a Porsche Cayman S to two Raptors . A Gen 2 for mods and a Gen 3 35 with 37’s on stock wheels, FMI light mount , 40in light bar and some graphics. I enjoyed the go cart handing of the Cayman but really no graceful way to get out of it when you are in your 6th decade of life. The SD was on 37’s and never hauled more than bags of mulch from Lowe’s . I have many SD trucks for my business to do heavy duty hauling with. I love driving my Gen 2 Scab in Sport Mode, obviously it won’t handle the curves like a Porsche but pretty preppy for a truck. It seems so much more nimble than the Gen 3. The Gen 3 is a very comfortable DD and especially the trans programming is much smoother than my Gen 2. I had a GT 350 for three years and although I couldn’t get enough of the sound of it, I never really cared for the driving experience as much as other sports cars I’ve had. Tough to say if only one Raptor can fill all niches for you…. Better get two.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went from a F-250 Superduty and a Porsche Cayman S to two Raptors . A Gen 2 for mods and a Gen 3 35 with 37’s on stock wheels, FMI light mount , 40in light bar and some graphics. I enjoyed the go cart handing of the Cayman but really no graceful way to get out of it when you are in your 6th decade of life. The SD was on 37’s and never hauled more than bags of mulch from Lowe’s . I have many SD trucks for my business to do heavy duty hauling with. I love driving my Gen 2 Scab in Sport Mode, obviously it won’t handle the curves like a Porsche but pretty preppy for a truck. It seems so much more nimble than the Gen 3. The Gen 3 is a very comfortable DD and especially the trans programming is much smoother than my Gen 2. I had a GT 350 for three years and although I couldn’t get enough of the sound of it, I never really cared for the driving experience as much as other sports cars I’ve had. Tough to say if only one Raptor can fill all niches for you…. Better get two.
What didn’t you like about the 350?

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What didn’t you like about the 350?
Primarily the “ tram lining “ , a term I was unaware of until I driven the GT 350 awhile and seen others describe it on the forums, simultaneous with my 350 I had a 2012 Boss 302, a car I regret selling to this day. The wide front track and 305 tires on the 350 would get in the groves on the interstate and just tram left and right. I tried installing a support brace, that helped, a little. But the things that made it unpleasant on the Hiway were beneficial at Summitt Point raceway, but I didn’t want a dedicated track car. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it, but the love affair ended after 3 yrs.The Boss 302 was just a more pleasant cruiser as would be any Regular Mustang GT over a 350, albeit not as good of a track focused car.