Daily Driver + Sports Car --> Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hagdio72

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. Definitley a lot to think about. There are some used Gen 3 Raptors nearby that I should obviously test drive sometime before making a decision. I'll be keeping the Mustang through October/November of this year (at least), and by then 2024 MYs should be out, so I can reassess. The transition to a Raptor will likely be a 2024 event for me if it happens. In the meantime I'll get as much fun as I can out of the Mustang.

Attachments

• Mustang.jpg
    Mustang.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 50

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. Definitley a lot to think about. There are some used Gen 3 Raptors nearby that I should obviously test drive sometime before making a decision. I'll be keeping the Mustang through October/November of this year (at least), and by then 2024 MYs should be out, so I can reassess. The transition to a Raptor will likely be a 2024 event for me if it happens. In the meantime I'll get as much fun as I can out of the Mustang.
Man I really dig those rims! I had 20" Enkei but hell I like yours better.
Five.jpg

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience there is no way a pickup (Raptor or what have you - even the Raptor R) will fill the void a sports car leaves. I have had too many vehicles to count (upwards of 50) both F150’s and mustangs and NEVER was I able to find enjoyment in just owning one (especially the pickup). Hopefully you can find a way to make both happen.

IMG_1194.jpeg

OP
OP
H

Hagdio72

Reaction score
In my experience there is no way a pickup (Raptor or what have you - even the Raptor R) will fill the void a sports car leaves. I have had too many vehicles to count (upwards of 50) both F150’s and mustangs and NEVER was I able to find enjoyment in just owning one (especially the pickup). Hopefully you can find a way to make both happen.

View attachment 416961
Thanks for your comment. Would definitley prefer to have both. Amazing duo you have there.

Jwod1993

Reaction score
Who has transitioned from owning just a sports car or a two car set up (daily driver + sports car/fun weekend car) to a Raptor?

Presently, I daily drive a 2018 F150 Platinum and also have a 2020 Mustang GT Premium as a "fun" car that I drive on the weekends. I've owned the Mustang for 1.5 years now and feel like I've had my fun with it, so I'm entertaining the idea of selling it as it just sits in the garage 5 days a week. That being said, I'd describe myself as a car enthusiast that gets a lot of enjoyment out of owning fun/special vehicles, which was the impetus for buying the Mustang, and I feel that my Platinum on its own would not fill that void if I sold the Mustang.

As such, I've been thinking about trading in both cars for one car that is a "do-all, go anywhere” vehicle that also scratches that “sporty/special” itch simultaneously. Hence my interest in a Gen 3 Raptor. I’ve found the Raptor (in its price range) to be the most compelling and alluring to me in this regard.

So, for those of you that have made a similar transition in the past, do you have any regrets? Miss the speed and agility of a sports car? Do you feel the Raptor is sporty enough? I know sports cars aren't directly comparable to a truck, and that this ultimately comes down to my personal preferences and needs, but I'd enjoy hearing others stories and experiences on the matter.
I was in this exact same scenario a year ago. 2013 F150 with a 2017 Mustang GT that I do track days with.

I traded the truck in for a Raptor and never looked back. I will say though like you I only drive the Mustang a few times per month, just because the Raptor is so much fun to drive. I've contemplated selling the mustang, but have decided not to as it's paid off and doesn't cost me anything for it to just sit in the garage.

Both vehicles are two different animals so they aren't really comparable, but nothing beats having a manual 500hp Coyote under the hood and being able to sling it in and out of corners.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
******** that car looks amazing on those wheels and lowered. Sucks I cant fit in them.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP, I think you should keep the GT and shop for a used Gen 2 to replace the truck. Looks like a clean GT and you’ve done some nice things to it.