Daily driver roush raptor anyone???

Discussion in '2014 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by r3run33, Jun 7, 2014.

1. The Macf

The Macf FRF Addict

I avg $300-400 a month normal edition. I also avg 90mph for 45% of my monthly driving.

2. Huck

Huck FRF Addict

I would say reasonable 80% of us use ours as dd's. I average 5-600 a month for fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Perauto

Perauto Full Access Member

I drive mine everyday and bought it in August and has 16K on it now. I love it and the gas is expensive but worth it IMO.

4. SVT Guy

SVT Guy Full Access Member

No it doesnt. Not if it is installed at an authorized dealer. Same 3/36

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

MPH likes this.
  5. Baddoug

Baddoug Full Access Member

Well I guess I got lied to from the warranty department at Roush and from my salesman who could have easily told me that the upgrade would "not" void the engine and trans warranty and he could have sold me the 13K upgrade and made more money. I specifically asked the Roush guy if it would void the warranty if installed at a Roush dealer and he said yes, the engine and trans warranty would be voided but the 3/36 covers all Roush parts. Also the 3/36 is non-transferable. That's just what I was told. I'm not an expert on warranty by any means though. I think anyone looking to spend 70+Grand would do their own research anyway. Right?

6. goinsvt

goinsvt Full Access Member

Love my Raptor as DD. I bought it last July and have 30K miles now with a couple of 2500 mile trips. I've never had any issues and haven't regret it one second.

7. raptor-the-kid

raptor-the-kid Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've seen some forced induction raptors getting the same if not better than what I get in mine. Idk if my the general grabbers are just heavy or what. Moral of the story seems to be that it's more about how you run the truck.
    Honestly if I had 600ish hp I would drive even faster than I do with 400 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. 93cobra

93cobra Member

I'm pretty sure if you add the full roush kit the roush components are 3/36 if installed by a dealer. Roush sells a power train warranty for an additional fee. If the truck is brand new and roush does the install it is a normal ford warranty.

9. srt10viper

srt10viper Full Access Member

If you go with the stage 1 Roush all the warranties are in tact, even extended warranties. If you go with stage 2 you need to purchase the ROUSH 3/36 warranty.

I just had a 2014 Roush Raptor that was a LEMON and Ford bought it back. I did have stage 1 NOT stage 2. I just picked up my 2014 SE Roush tonight. I also have the 6/100K ford ESP warranty.

Get the Roush its a AESOME truck. I use mine for a DD and love the damn truck.

10. triggerfish

triggerfish Full Access Member

Well I just went through my first tank of Premium in my Roush, and I averaged 9.6 MPG. I am going easy on my truck also, as I consider the first 500 miles to be "break in", so not a lot of boost on that tank either.

To be fair, just about all of my driving was around town with a lot of stop and go.

I have no regrets and have been told that my MPG should go up after a while. Even if it doesn't, I love this truck and would buy it again with zero hesitation.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    Rockyot likes this.