Gen 2 to Bronco Raptor for Daily Driver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Henson

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on going from a Gen 2 Raptor to a Bronco Raptor for a daily driver? We have two yoing kids (6 and 8) and we all love the space and cargo area of my truck but don't use the bed a ton other than going on a handful of road trips per year. My wife is pushing for this as she thinks it will be easier to manoeuvre around in the city (we live in Atlanta) but I'm not so sure I'd like going from such a large truck to a smaller Bronco, even though I really like the way they look and i'm sure they're a blast to drive.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't a Braptor, but I was able to drive a bronco badlands for a few days. Raptor has a ton more space inside and it was more responsive. (Braptor may have solved this issue with the engine.) I didn't really notice increased maneuverability, but maybe I've just gotten used to my raptor. I also felt the raptor was smoother and "more planted" on the road.

Test drive a regular one and see how you like it.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Braptor is nice, but it is still a Bronco and a little more utilitarian. The OG raptor I feel is a little more refined for a daily.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thoughts on going from a Gen 2 Raptor to a Bronco Raptor for a daily driver? We have two yoing kids (6 and 8) and we all love the space and cargo area of my truck but don't use the bed a ton other than going on a handful of road trips per year. My wife is pushing for this as she thinks it will be easier to manoeuvre around in the city (we live in Atlanta) but I'm not so sure I'd like going from such a large truck to a smaller Bronco, even though I really like the way they look and i'm sure they're a blast to drive.
It’s important to note that the Bronco Raptor is actually the same width as the F-150 Raptor. So although it’s shorter in length, the challenges of drive thrus, narrow side streets, parallel parking, etc. will be the same.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got an 18 Raptor and wife has a 22 Bronco BL. Yes the Bronco is smaller but the Rap is way more comfortable inside. Ride is way more comfortable in the Rap too - suspension is pretty firm on the Bronco.

2.3 is ok but nowhere near the fun of the Rap. I was surprised with the gas consumption on the Bronco. On winter gas, I’m around 20mpg in the Bronco and Raptor is 17-18mpg.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s important to note that the Bronco Raptor is actually the same width as the F-150 Raptor. So although it’s shorter in length, the challenges of drive thrus, narrow side streets, parallel parking, etc. will be the same.
First, I have to make a correction here. Raptors are not “wide” or “thick” they are JUST BIG FRAMED!

Second, you say challenges, but I’m not sure if you mean challenge the same way some of us do... Like, how much shrubbery can you mow down on the drive thru island? Inquiring minds want to know. And parallel parking? We’re talking Raptors here. They’re not curbs, they’re “posing platforms”

:)

SCREW F150 Raptor for the Win. BRAP is like the not quite as hot sister.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but isn't about ten inches of that rubber? All fender flares and tires. Those don't count. Body work must be damaged in the drive through to earn real street credit ...