Daetschworks fuel pump install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FenixAmmo

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the OEM fuel pump on a second gen truck? I bought the Daetschworks 415lph pump, but the instructions they provide are for a Mustang and the entire fuel pump assembly in my 2018 looks completely different. There doesn't seem to be a way to disassemble the plastic "basket" the OEM pump sits inside.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't help you as I've never pulled one on a F150... but can speculate. If you have it apart, look more closely. IIRC the Mitsu Evo VIII pumps looked sealed but on closer inspection you could separate the "cage" with a thin screwdriver. It merely had snap clips that were hard to see when assembled do to the close tolerance. This ABSOLUTELY may not be the case here. Just one example of how things are not always what they seem, and I've seen it on other platforms. Be super careful though. Some manufacturers do not sell individual parts to the fuel assemblies.

I'm sure someone who's actually seen it will be along shortly.