Custom Wilwood Big Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nick9323

Reaction score
I'm in. I actually spoke to someone at Wilwood a couple years back. They have so many parts that the only thing needed would really be a bracket for the calipers to be made. Of course any solution must fit 17" wheels or it's a no go for many here, most I'd say.
Yeah, that's basically what we are doing. I work in aerospace so knocking out the bracket and running some fea is pretty easy but gotta check fitment and get the right components kitted up.

OP
OP
N

Nick9323

Reaction score
When you say less than ALCON, are you stating they'll be less than $5000 for front and rear for a 6 piston caliper setup? Would it be 4-piston in the rear? Electronic e-brake integration is a must.
The Alcon setup is actually considerably more when you factor in the need for the heim joints. The more affordable we can make it, the better but a lot of that comes down to how many people are actually willing to throw down some cash for this. The epb shouldn't be an issue but we are still working on it. Like I said, getting feelers first so we get the right info when this happens. CAD files of the front suspension scan should be heading our way Tuesday or Wednesday this week. The rear brakes really don't provide that much braking force so they would be 4 piston at most to keep cost down. You are looking at a ~75/25 brake split when you look at the weight distribution and factor in the momentum shift.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone else already said, I'm always interested in options! Keep us in the loop and let us know how things are going (preferably in this thread, or at least provide a link to a new thread if you don't just reply here, otherwise a lot of us may not see any updates).