Creaking nationals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stage 3 with the nationals and I'm getting a creaking sound when the truck hits angles.

Just spayed some deep creep seafoam but if this doesn't help would loosening the brackets on the springs be an option?

Looks like they have a bolt you can adjust.

My only other option is re torqing the u bolts.

Sent from my Samsung Raptor phone

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My last truck(non raptor but was lifted) I sprayed a ton of pb blaster on the leafs let that sit then sprayed them with a ton of lithium grease. Let it sit and wipped off the excess. That would work for a few months then I would have to repeat the process

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strike 1 ... Lithium and deep creep

Next up. Tightening u bolts, and clamps then corrosion x.

If all that fails, going to stock springs.

Sent with Tapatalk and my iPad --George (Pinenut with a Y)

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got it red. Ill let you know. Hopefully adjusting the u bolts helps.

Sent from my Samsung Raptor phone

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove almost two years with the stock springs, now I have the SD Nationals on for about 8 months.
I would never go back to stock ever!!!!!
Are you sure it's the springs? Are all the Teflon shims in place?
Have you call RPG for what might cause the noise and what can be done?

Then I would spray the shock bushing too, and the bushing and the other rubber items around the tailgate. Exhaust hangers as well.
Check the spare tire could be a little loose.

Last edited:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the leafs have slid off the bushings it could be them rubbing against the metal bracket that holds the shackle! I had this same problem and all you have to do is knock it back into place with a big ass hammer! Look where the bushings are on the ends of the leaf springs if its off to one side then that is our problem!

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Or it could also be dirt in between the leafs I've had that happen too just gotta hack the rear so the leafs spread out and then pressure wash in between the leafs

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine squeaked like crazy. honestly the best way to take care of it is get the wheels off the ground so the springs are at full angle.... once up spray Drop
oil over everything. the noise is the shims between the leafs so being completely off the ground is important. My nationals were horrible over every bounce or hole.

if all else fails turn up the tunes and drive fast

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

drip oil sorry :)

KKILLIAN

Reaction score
Try this stuff. They sell it at Home Depot. I use whenever my Nationals start to creak. Jack the truck up and spray between all the leafs. It leaves a nice black film that doesn't attract dust like grease or oil. It also covers up any rust and makes the springs look better.

Last edited: