Creaking Center Console/Armrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all. I have had my 22 Raptor for about 2 months. It has about 1300 miles on it and loving every minute of the truck.

Unfortunately, I have isolated a creak which is fairly constant to the center console cover/armrest. It occurs most of the time, but worse on bumpy roads. If i open the cover and shut it, it seems to stop for a few minutes before resuming. Anyone experienced this? Any solutions?

Thanks!

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven’t heard that particular complaint. Squeaks and rattles drive me nuts but I’m trying to get better about it.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try this.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I have an occasional creek also, it sounds like mine is coming from the passenger seat near the window and seat belt area. it is very subtle and with then radio volume up it can't be heard. I can not figure out what it is. I never considered the center console, I will check that today.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have had my 22 Raptor for about 2 months. It has about 1300 miles on it and loving every minute of the truck.

Unfortunately, I have isolated a creak which is fairly constant to the center console cover/armrest. It occurs most of the time, but worse on bumpy roads. If i open the cover and shut it, it seems to stop for a few minutes before resuming. Anyone experienced this? Any solutions?

Thanks!
I have the same. I’ve isolated it to the latch. The release and the latch are both plastic and rub together making the creek when the flip out lid is closed. I’m going to either lubricate or felt the latch on mine.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same. I’ve isolated it to the latch. The release and the latch are both plastic and rub together making the creek when the flip out lid is closed. I’m going to either lubricate or felt the latch on mine.
Same on mine. Would love to hear what you end up doing.

OP
OP
JBdoingJBstuff
Reaction score
Funny thing. Never did anything to it, but as temps warmed this summer it stopped altogether. Now with cooler temps again, it has not returned. Weird stuff, but I will take it.