Cranks but won't start :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would do the fuse 27 relocate first. that would be the cheapest. just replacing the fuse isnt solving the problem. could be bad connections or shorted/melted wires under the fuse block

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to check if you actually have power to fuse 27, it could be melted underneath or you might have a fuel pump problem.

i would do the fuse 27 relocate first. that would be the cheapest. just replacing the fuse isnt solving the problem. could be bad connections or shorted/melted wires under the fuse block
The plot thickens. I worked on it for a little while Saturday morning and disconnected the battery at the negative before starting. I was going to flip the fuse block up to check the wires underneath, so I disconnected the battery power where the fuse block is as well. I ran out of time and had an event to get ready for on Saturday, so I left it as is and then decided Sunday to take it to the shop I’ve been using recently to look at it. I was getting it ready to go on a tow truck before work this morning, hooked the battery cables back up and got everything tightened up. Decided to check and make sure I didn’t kill the battery and it fired right up all 3 times I tried it today. Drove it down to the shop where it will be worked on and it ran fantastic. I’m going to have them do Fuse 27 since it’s there even if it isn’t the issue and replace the driver since I bought the part already. We’ll see what they find further!

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The plot thickens. I worked on it for a little while Saturday morning and disconnected the battery at the negative before starting. I was going to flip the fuse block up to check the wires underneath, so I disconnected the battery power where the fuse block as well. I ran out of time and had an event to get ready for on Saturday, so I left it as is and then decided Sunday to take it to the shop I’ve been using recently to look at it. I was getting it ready to go on a tow truck before work this morning, hooked the battery cables back up and got everything tightened up. Decided to check and make sure I didn’t kill the battery and it fired right up all 3 times I tried it today. Drove it down to the shop where it will be worked on and it ran fantastic. I’m going to have them do Fuse 27 since it’s there even if it isn’t the issue and replace the driver since I bought the part already. We’ll see what they find further!
Keep us posted, bro. Good luck!

TannerK17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted, bro. Good luck!
They found nothing. I had them do 27 & the driver since the parts were there already. Again, it ran killer and actually seemed the pull a little better than it used to. I’m going to keep an eye on it this weekend and keep driving it. This is what I get for threatening to trade it in.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tell ya, you would be surprised how a weak battery and or dirty battery terminals and/or the connections down by the starter can play with you.
I washed the battery terminals and connectors with baking soda, rinse well and dry.
I purchased a new battery terminal brush set, the silly little red and black pads that go under the terminals and the red terminal protective spray and soaked the pads and all.
Made me feel good. LOL

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter