Cranks but won't start :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nrselle

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know why this would happen? Truck is in shop now and I'm trying to figure out what may cause this. Thanks.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Key lost it's program?? Tried both keys??

If it's cranking with the key it should fire.

I'd start with checking fuel pump relays and fuses.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

10388-fms-website2.jpg

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They will crank with any key that fits, just won't start.

I've had several keys made for when I'm hunting with friends and can give them a key to get in the truck. These keys work in the locks, but will not start the truck. It will crank with them.

That's why I asked if he'd tried both keys. It's possible something magnetic scrambled the code on one key.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They will crank with any key that fits, just won't start.

I've had several keys made for when I'm hunting with friends and can give them a key to get in the truck. These keys work in the locks, but will not start the truck. It will crank with them.

That's why I asked if he'd tried both keys. It's possible something magnetic scrambled the code on one key.

Ahh. I thought the truck wouldn't even crank without the chip working.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

10388-fms-website2.jpg

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sucks! make sure and update when you find out the cause! i would love to know!

OP
OP
nrselle

nrselle

Reaction score
Ford called me, turns out the aftermarket nimbo GPS tracking device was interfering with the key. They disconnected it. Works just fine now.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My RF theory may be a bit off... but why is your GPS transmitting enough to interfere with anything?

Herr Schwartz

Reaction score
Ford called me, turns out the aftermarket nimbo GPS tracking device was interfering with the key. They disconnected it. Works just fine now.

Interested to see how this turns out. Mine is doing something similar intermittently and Ford says that they feel it is an issue in the battery junction box where the fuel injection and fuel pump harness is overloaded.

They have another Raptor in the service bay which they state has the same problem.

OP
OP
nrselle

nrselle

Reaction score
My Raptor went back in shop a few days ago for the same problem. This time they disconnected my LoJack. They state a fuse(fuel pump) is being blown but can't find the source. It is running again, but I don't know if the problem will arise again.