Couple Initial Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dredlin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my truck yesterday. Overall like it a lot. Looks great in Avalance Grey with all the darker trim. Interior is awesome but I guess that's similar for all new F150/250s (I previously had a 2015 F250), ride and handling on road are very good though big tires certainly hurt response to repeated left right steering input. Power is decent but not awesome. Biggest issues:

1) Motor is just underwhelming given strength of rest of platform. This thing deserves a supercharged V8 or at least a very high output V8. Sounds and feel from this motor are just a bit lacking again relative to how strong rest of package is. For $67K MSRP i just think it deserves better

2) Brake feel - just seems like you have to push a long way to get it to really grip. F250 brakes were awesome. These are underwhelming. Again, would be easy to fix this. Also, might just be me but there seems to be too much space between the gas/brake pedals. lifted foot off gas a few times only to put it down to right of brake pedal. Guess I'm used to heel/toe distance from my cars and think the F250 was different as well.

Other than that enjoying it a lot. I would pay another $10K to have a really world class V8 in this thing though. Think they just sold the platform a little short with the 3.5

Put a couple thousand miles on the truck. I found that mine started to run better and felt stronger after about 1500 miles.
And after you have it a while and you get more used to driving it, I think the truck will feel better to you.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fixed it for ya

Good job. I agree - all posts about the 3.5 should be in bright pink.

OP - word on the street is there is a new dual overhead cam 7 liter V8 in the works. I think that's the engine Ford had in mind all along. The little 3.5 is just a stop gap until the big boy motor is ready.