GEN 2 Upgraded my Gen 2 & my 1st couple enhancements (i wouldnt qualify as mods)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mj1anderson

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
Squadron pro spot
Squadron sport yellow combo
S2 sport wide

That would be my suggestion but let us know what you end up with.
Ok so I finally decided what I'm going to do
Baja designs:
Squadron SAE in amber
Squadron Pro in driving/ combo
Squadron Racer Editon Spot
Can't wait to install and light er up!
Thanks for your input and advise!

OP
OP
Mj1anderson

Mj1anderson

Reaction score
Yup! When you actually reduce the pool by purchasing a new to you Rap, it’s #OneLessprius. A trade or sale / purchase doesn’t reduce the pool, so #SameNumberOfprius.

both are better than the dreaded prius pic...

:cool:

B/D are great if you can afford them. There’s always a 2nd mortgage, AMIRITE?
Honestly, The S8 behind the grille was 2nd or 3rd light I did and still on the truck. I don’t think I’d go that route again.

I’d go... pocket lights - SAE / combo sq pro / wide corner sq pro. The SAE are a good add for me because we get some pretty legit fog in the hinterlands of TX. Optional if you don’t really need a road legal pair of lights. The wide corners through light everywhere but not very far out, the combos push just a little further out. All of these lights are too low to get serious distance out of. Sure, you can mount up squadron pro spots, but they’re pretty easily obstructed.

The S8 is the same relative height as the headlights, but, unless you whack the grille to give the light unobstructed projection, you’ll lose all manner of distance from the grille mounted S8. If I had a spare front grille, I might what the area in front of the s8.

Instead of the S8, I’d go straight to pillar mounted XL80’s, in spot lens. These will allow you to burn the fur off squirrels at just over 50 yards. Seriously, they push light further than I can make out fine detail, and, they’re higher up than the head lights so offer a far less obstructed beam.
<shameless plug> I have a set of b/d SAE for sale in the garage sale section if you’re interested </shameless plug>
So this is what I'm ending up with in my pocket set up.
Did a lot of research and had some good conversations with the good people @ SPV.
They are GREAT and knowledgeable people and offered good advice based on my driving conditions both in the Black Hills of SD and the far northern area of Minnesota near the Canadian border where I own a little totally off grid cabin.
I'll post some pics when I get er installed.
And you Uwererite
Damn near a 2nd mortgage, lol