Converting a non Nav Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible to convert or install a Navigational system into a non Nav Raptor?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen it done with success using aftermarket units (Kenwood is the one that comes to mind). Not sure on the OEM unit.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess is yes. The reason I say that is it's my perception that vehicles are being built with a standard wiring harness that will accommodate standard and optional items in the vehicle's build list. It's entirely possible that the nav system can be installed as a plug-and-play mod.

However, this is simply a guess and it's not based on any facts regarding the Ford F-150 Raptor.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess is yes. The reason I say that is it's my perception that vehicles are being built with a standard wiring harness that will accommodate standard and optional items in the vehicle's build list. It's entirely possible that the nav system can be installed as a plug-and-play mod.

However, this is simply a guess and it's not based on any facts regarding the Ford F-150 Raptor.

This is my guess as well and what lead me to asking the question. I have run across a couple of stripped down Raptor for a decent price and figured people may want to buy one and upgrade them later on down the road.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the thinking, but experience says when climate control is involved all bets are off. Doesn't the OEM unit control fan speeds, temps, vents etc? If so, I'm betting it won't just drop in.

Anyone wanna send me one? I'll give it a try... :mrgreen:

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the thinking, but experience says when climate control is involved all bets are off. Doesn't the OEM unit control fan speeds, temps, vents etc? If so, I'm betting it won't just drop in.

Anyone wanna send me one? I'll give it a try... :mrgreen:

humm...I want to say you're right. I mean there is a separate climate control unit but I think you can control the climate additionally with the help of the Nav system.

Picture of Nav system....climate control is the third unit down or last unit.

raptorAC.jpg

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes you can put a navigational system in a non-Nav Raptor. The install I saw used a Kenwood nav head unit and IIRC they even got the Raptor image to appear on the screen at start up.

I don't know about a factory nav install. I think it was discussed elsewhere and the cost ended up being twice as much as an aftermarket install.

As a matter of fact it was the white Raptor that had the Warn winch installed on it...you know, from over THERE.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was also a guy overseas on the other forum with a Rap that took the OEM Navigation out because there was no navigation software for Europe. So I have to guess, unless he didn't want all his stuff to function, that an aftermarket system went in without too much hassle. The only thing that did catch my eye was that he repainted all interior plastic to match the fender flares. If I had to guess it was because the interior paint scheme couldn’t be matched.