Constant Carplay Issues with my 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If the watch is being moved in a back & forth motion very quickly in the driver's groin area while driving CarPlay may very well ignore any command uttered in those 30-40 seconds! :anitoof:
I would never have thought of this. How is it that you know this? :-D

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used wireless for the first time the other day. Screen froze halfway through the drive. Audio wouldn’t come through the speakers another. I’m not mad about it. Didn’t expect it to be flawless to begin with. All these electronics suck.

OP
OP
JBTAC

JBTAC

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't responded in 3 pages now.

Yes, I am still having carplay issues. The truck has 3,000 miles now......it doesn't seem as bad, but I still have some days where I get into the truck and my phone just does not connect to carplay. Whether I restart the head unit or turn the truck off and open the door, whether I delete my phone and re-pair it, etc......sometimes it just does not want to connect. I have an iphone 14 pro max, always updated to the latest version, the truck is always updated to the latest software, etc. It's funny because my girlfriend has an iphone 13 and when mine doesn't want to work after all of the before-mentioned "fixes", she can usually connect her phone and then it magically works to connect mine.

The rest of the issues haven't really happened in the last 1,000 miles or so which is nice. Except the one where I hit a certain point on the freeway and my whole head unit crashes....this happens at the exact same location every time and I've determined it must be my phone dropping service for a second or something. FWIW its on the 5 south in lake forest, heading over bake parkway (to my church). EVERY TIME.

I basically just deal with it. I love the truck but it ****** me off that it was so expensive and something like carplay is souring my experience. It still beats being a teenager driving in my '95 nissan with no radio

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, there are a few places in OC where it just completely crashes my CarPlay, and it doesn't connect again. Beach blvd and Goldenwest exit on the 405 crush me everyday on my way to work. Usually I can put my phone in airplane mode and turn back on again then it connects. Recently its the worst its ever been.