Considering going widebody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was also quoted $6k for fitting fenders, bedsides and paint, I mean, clearbcoat on the primer.

@mattl600 is there a gear change with 39s? Glass will be my next upgrade but probably not until next year. Wondering if I should just plan on the bigger fenders in case I jump to 39s at a later date.

Yes kn gear change. Can’t remember the exact ratio. I think 5:13.

If 39s are something you’re into…. Just go wider now. Haha

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Donovan You may not be aware on what goes into fitting fiberglass fenders and bedsides on a truck. It's not a simple bolt on by any means. And it takes a very skilled body shop/shop to do so. And make it look right. Especially the rear.

This is the actual wide body not what I am trying to do correct? Fender flares vs this entirely modified fender system with bedsides...

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is the actual wide body not what I am trying to do correct? Fender flares vs this entirely modified fender system with bedsides...
That IS what you're trying to do. A lot of these "widebody" trucks have different types of fiberglass fenders and bedsides but they all have full fender and bedside replacements. Nex posted the bigger flares but you did not like those. Aside from this truck below (which is only flares and you didn't like) all of the other trucks have removed the front fenders and bedsides and replaced them with new wider fiberglass pieces, just like in the video.

1687974577327.png
1687974687532.png

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That IS what you're trying to do. A lot of these "widebody" trucks have different types of fiberglass fenders and bedsides but they all have full fender and bedside replacements. Nex posted the bigger flares but you did not like those. Aside from this truck below (which is only flares and you didn't like) all of the other trucks have removed the front fenders and bedsides and replaced them with new wider fiberglass pieces, just like in the video.

View attachment 414046
View attachment 414047

Welp.
Thank you.