Considering going widebody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Folks,

Hi I'm new and I'd like to learn more about Gen 2 Wide-body kits. LOL

Questions:
  • Do people generally do the front and rear?
  • Do I need full new fenders or overlays? I do not want it to look cheap. (examples, cost)
  • I assume I would need a lift (examples, cost)
  • Are people using spacers to push the wheel out, if so what thickness?
  • I assume after a lift, 37s would be necessary to make it look correct.
  • See below examples of pure s3xual RAPTOR SAUCE.

1687304158169.png

1687304235786.png

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
It kind of depends on your goal. Here are a few points to consider.

Like you, @Pacific Wheel and I were talking about in the other thread. I thought that I had seen aftermarket flares that were wider than stock. Then you could just run spacers or offset wheels and the 35s would still look ok.

Most run wider fenders due to mid travel and/or bigger tires. 37s can rip your stock fenders off even with the correct offset wheel due to the wheel opening.

Fenders also have a bigger wheel opening so 35s might look small to some. But you really don't "need" bedsides until you run a wider rear end (giggity). Going mid travel also pushes the wheels towards to front of the truck to give more room for clearance bigger tires from the rear of the fender opening.

Just doing the fenders and not bedsides looks funny to me. Unfinished project. So if you replace fenders and bedsides without a rear end upgrade, run spacers if you mid travel the front.

Getting a wider stance is a big rabbit hole to go down. Seems never ending at times. So have a honest conversation with yourself on what your goal is. No reason to go mid travel if you just want the look. If that's the case I would just start with wider flares and a different offset wheel. And if that isn't wide enough, add spacers. Still not the right look? Go mid travel.

Here is my current set up. Camera angle was more for the lights but I can get a different angle for you when I go home on Friday. I just have a zero offset wheel. Fenders, flares and the track width are stock. 17x9 zero offset wheel with 12.5 37s.

20230218_133659.jpg

I don't have a square head on picture when I had the 20x10s on but this one shows a wider width then the other side profile pictures I have. They were also zero offset with 12.5 37s.

20220530_124718.jpg

You can add spacers to your current wheels and see if you are happy with that look. If so order a wheel you like to accommodate that offset. Just remember, that if you go too wide you will have stock fender limits.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would def love some more photos.

The flares vs new fenders and bedsides; I assume the flares are the cheap route.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok. Let me do a tad bit more research but folks, chime in here. Those with widebody kits and etc...

Otherwise I'll just follow the list of stuff on the other thread lol.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to also pass that I am not trying to go to BAJA. I just want to be wider and for it to look correct.

I guess I would need to go to 20s on 37s.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Here is a wide fender flares from Anderson Composite option. They offer front and rear wide body flairs. I think these with a different offset wheel will get you really close to the look you are after. And still fit in your garage on 35s.

1687357184897.png

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I saw that.... my issue is that, it does not look natural.

Look at that seam, I can see its a stick-on. Its like exterior carbon add-ons. I can't do them.

Look at this natural flow:
View attachment 413240

vs

View attachment 413241

Top is Deberti fenders which have a 3" rise and are 6" wider. Bottom is actually just OEM width (not widebody) with Andersons OEM carbon replacement fenders. And the flares Nex posted are the wider flare only option. The "widebody" on the first truck is fiberwerx 2.5" wider and 1.5" taller rise. That would be the best option if you don't want flares... Or 40's

Deberti fenders require much wider wheels and 40" tires to look normal-ish. We did a set of 40's and custom built Rotiforms for the truck below. The 40's almost look small

1687360495043.png
1687360523882.png
1687360550173.png