Configurations for BajaDesigns triple fog-pocket kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Droid

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
One more question...are the "Driving Combo" lights just one row with "Spot" optics and another row with the "Wide Cornering" optics? Are the reflector (cone) lenses the same for all of them, with the only difference being the fresnel lens on the front for the "wide cornering" item?

https://www.bajadesigns.com/Science-of-Lighting/Lighting-Patterns.asp

The description there of Squadron Pro seems to suggest this might be the case, but does not directly state it. If that's the case I'm thinking there's no point in a combo if I just do one of each.

And I absolutely love the triple setup in the silver scab!

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more question...are the "Driving Combo" lights just one row with "Spot" optics and another row with the "Wide Cornering" optics? Are the reflector (cone) lenses the same for all of them, with the only difference being the fresnel lens on the front for the "wide cornering" item?

https://www.bajadesigns.com/Science-of-Lighting/Lighting-Patterns.asp

The description there of Squadron Pro seems to suggest this might be the case, but does not directly state it. If that's the case I'm thinking there's no point in a combo if I just do one of each.

And I absolutely love the triple setup in the silver scab!

Yes, that's correct.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Here’s why I’m leaning toward 4x driving combo + SAE

Prior to SAE, I ran squadron sport, previous generation with about the same lumen rating as the current SAE. Aimed the same way, they threw light -everywhere- and are exceptional at lighting up road side critters. The current model SAE give up ... about 30%? throw I think. They’re very good, but not as good at lighting up roadside critters by themselves. However, throw on a driving combo to help, problem solved and you get some extra distance from the deal.

Right now I have spot, D/C, SAE and the spot are not projecting that far and I give up collateral in close lighting from the combo lens.

There’s really no wrong answer here, you just have to select what works for you and your intended needs. I’m running the S8 also, and all together they do an... acceptable... job of lighting things up.

really cool thing - if you want to try different lenses on the squadrons, except SAE, you’re just a lens swap away.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installing mine on Monday. I went with Sport Spot nearest the middle of the bumper, SAE Amber in the middle and S1 wide cornering at the edges. 1 switch for amber and 1 switch for white front lights. Waiting on the Flush mount S1s for reverse lights which I'll get with the work/scene lens.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with s2 amber cornering, driving/combo and a spot. I like the smaller amber on the outside and leave that one on almost all the time. I think the 2 Squadrons + the smaller S2 look the best with the triangle shape of the fog hole imho. The cornering is bright but doesn't throw the light so you can have it on for road driving.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking forward to it. I'll be buying!

Going to get the:
Squadron SAE Wide Cornering, Amber
Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo
Squadron Pro, Spot

Not sure who to buy from yet though. Since the equipment is the same (basically) I'll be going for the best price.

Well the lights might be the same. But everybodys brackets/bezels are different. We sell some of the most rock solid brackets in the SPP Kit. They don't have any tabs that can bend/flex nor do the channels bend either. It's REALLY rock solid by design. I've TRIED to bend them and cannot, whereas with some other brackets i've been able to bend the mounting tabs and light mounting points by hand.

We may not offer you the lowest price, but we'll provide you the best support out there

Snowfly

Reaction score
Would the installation of: Squadron SAE Wide Cornering, Amber
Squadron Pro, Spot, have any affect on my factory warranty? Wondering about possible interference with electrical system that might cause something or lay blame on the new lights and installation. Thanks for any feedback.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Squadron Pro, Spot, have any affect on my factory warranty? Wondering about possible interference with electrical system that might cause something or lay blame on the new lights and installation. Thanks for any feedback.

No. Ford includes the aux switches for a reason. Installing lights will not affect your warranty.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

No it'll have no effect. There are no sensors down there that you'll interfere with either. And yes if you have an electrical issue they MAY mention something about your lights, but as long as you use a quality harness (which we include in our kits) and tap into the right upfitters, you're good.

I actually had my truck in for the 3rd time for my AC/Heated seat issue on Monday. They called me and said "the tech diagnosed it down to an electrical issue, and because of all your aftermarket lights we wanted to inform you that if it's deemed your accessories caused an issue you'd have to pay for the diagnostics" i told them that was fine. Naturally the lights were not the reason and since everything was connected properly and it was not the reason for my issue, i didn't have to pay anything.

Ford has to PROVE any accessory you install caused the issue, btw. Just food for though for any aftermarket items you install. Ford can't void a warranty just because you have something installed. They have to prove it caused it.

Now if you decide to ignore the included instructions, plug all the wires into 1 upfitter, replace the fuse in the truck with something HIGHER and you cause a fire or some other issue, well yeah that would definitely be on you :) But as long as you follow the instructions, you're golden.