Configurations for BajaDesigns triple fog-pocket kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Greatly appreciate any opinions on what lights to order for a triple fog-pocket-kit.

I have a stock truck, likely to not see major/crazy modifications. I do wind up offroad a fair amount at night, but aside from the foul weather lights I don't think I *need* any of this. This will likely be only light I add to front of truck.

Option A: (the smaller S2s are used as spots, full size driving/combo)

• Squadron SAE Wide Cornering (Amber)
  • S2 Pro Spot
  • Squadron Pro Driving/Combo

Option B: (the smaller S2s are used as driving/combo, Squadron Racers for spots)

• S2 Pro Driving/Combo
  • Squadron Racers (Spot)

Option C: (the smaller S2s are used as driving/combo, Squadron Pros for spots)

• S2 Pro Driving/Combo
  • Squadron Pro (Spot)

Price difference is negligible.

I think I'm sold on SAE Wide Cornering amber lights for use in foul weather..those will certainly be the ones used most often.

So basically my decision boils down to what's more important, distance or width? And I'm also making the assumption that the Racer is "just better" than the comparable Squadron Pro in Spot...is that true or should Racer only be used in conjunction with other lights if you're really hauling ass and need way-out distance (which I'm gonna guess a stock truck with amateur pilot doesn't need).

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just re configured my fog pocket lights. Went with SAE amber, squadron pro WC, and squadron pro driving combo.

I think more width than distance is better IMO

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd actually recommend the following setup:

SPP Triple Fog Light Kit: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights/

Squadron SAE Wide Cornering, Amber (you clearly want these lol... I assume these are your everyday use lights for driving on the streets?)
Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo
Squadron Pro, Spot

I don't think you'll benefit from the S2s since they are a smaller light. S1 and S2 are great if you plan to use those almost as your Wide Cornering/Everyday use lights on the roads. BUT since you have those SAE in there, I'm assuming THOSE are what you plan to use all the time.

So the Driving/Combos are great to basically flood the road in front of you and a little ahead of you. And then the spots will focus it more down range.

I would not recommend the Racers UNLESS you plan to do some high speed driving off-road at night, otherwise it's not really going to benefit you much at all (unless you're just after that cool factor).

Another option that I love

Squadron SAE Wide Cornering
Squadron SAE Wide Cornering, Amber

That's MY setup (or will be when I find time to swap my lights out).

SAE for everyday use and the ambers i'll use when we have snow/rain/etc..

Then Driving/Combos for when I want MORE light (by myself on the road or off-road)

I have 4x LP9 Pros and 2x XL80s so I'm set for off-roading lighting right there. My fogs are really designed so that i can ACTUALLY use them more then just "off-road"

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
SAE wide corner x1 per side
Squadron pro driving combo x2 per side.

OP
OP
Droid

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Appreciated! I thought I had to do a half-height light in outboard position though?

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following this as Santa would want to know what I would like! ;>)
Maybe there will be a Black Friday Deal?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are definitely no shortage of options out there!

We've got two mounting options for you: our new optimized bracket that has incredible adjustability to ensure that no light, even a third cube light is buried behind the bumper itself and our bezel system. Both very capable of holding three sets of lights. One provides that OEM fit and finish, the other gives you a more open look.

For the lights themselves, we'd recommend the following with our optimized bracket:

SAE Ambers
One Pair of Squadron Pro Spots
One Pair of Squadron Pro Wide Cornering

While we love the driving/combo lights, we feel that having one dedicated pair of spot beams for pure distance and one pair of dedicated wide cornering (aka flood) beams for pure width lighting is ideal.

If you're leaning more towards the triple bezel, your option for the outer most corner light is limited to the Baja Designs S1's. With the bezel you could run the SAE ambers, Squadron Pro Spot and S1 wide cornering.

If you're need more light than this, there's a-pillar lighting, the 30" S8 behind the grille kit and the 10" Onx6+ behind the bumper light bar. No need to ever be afraid of the dark with Baja Designs.

And with Baja Designs rebates starting this coming Monday, now is the best time to purchase! Don't hesistate to give us a call or shoot us a PM if there is anything else we can do to help.

PH: 888-466-8991
Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Triple Bezel:

LCtxmcQ.jpg

Optimized Bracket:

F9CfsZj.jpg

zicQq77.png

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Appreciated! I thought I had to do a half-height light in outboard position though?

You sure can do that with the SPP Triple Fog Light Kit as shown here:

Brackets7__24774.1547358374.jpg

You can also fit 3 pairs of Squadrons as well with our kit:

upload_2019-10-21_22-42-28-png.131058

And you can do do S1s even in the small area... really it's up to you.

Shoot me a message/text/email/call/smoke signal/cup and string... we'll help ya out

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll have lots of killer deals on Black Friday
Looking forward to it. I'll be buying!

Going to get the:
Squadron SAE Wide Cornering, Amber
Squadron Pro, Spot

Not sure who to buy from yet though. Since the equipment is the same (basically) I'll be going for the best price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc