Competition Grabber vs DOT Grabber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the race only 37's. Difference is the density of the compounds.

Nobody can "legally" sell race only's so you'll have to find a race team that is looking to unload them. I'm sure a "phone call" to the vendors would yield you the answer you're looking for too...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regarding running these 37s: Are these close to the stock 35" tires that there's no issue with front fender liner removal? If the tires are going to contact the front fender liner how do you plan on mitigating that (i.e. will you raise your front end)? Are there any issues with the rear fenders when running 37s?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comparison to stock:
grab.jpg

Rubbing in the rear:
IMG_1265.jpg

No way will a stock fender liner stay with a 37. You will also need to trim out the firewall. My shop has done the firewall trimming on a couple other trucks and it gives you a few more inches of clearance.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that!

Based on what I've seen over the last 2 years 37s = fender liner removal and possibly more damage (or pre-emptive work to avoid the damage).

I personally don't want 37s for that reason and because they're heavier than the stock 35s (and I don't see much/any value in running 37s except for "looks").

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My plan includes doing front fenders, Icon or Fox 3.0 front struts and Cambrug arms. I need more clearance to keep my truck from dragging over everything so I think 37s and leveling out the truck will give me what I need.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37 competition only grabbers here w/ boatec fiberglass and no contact anywhere in the range of motion!

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
37 competition only grabbers here w/ boatec fiberglass and no contact anywhere in the range of motion!
And you didn't trim your firewall back??? I should ad that the contact comes on mine when compressed on full turn.