Coming up on 7wks, and still no VIN #?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I ordered on 2/12, so I'm coming up on 7 weeks, and still no VIN #. Is this typical, or am I in for a long ass wait? I was hoping to get the truck sometime in May, so about 12 weeks or so. Is that still reasonable or not, given that I still don't have a VIN yet? Thanks, and I'm also Tuxedo Black, but my dealer said we're still ok on that, and that we don't need to change the color due to that supplier problem.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I ordered on 2/12, so I'm coming up on 7 weeks, and still no VIN #. Is this typical, or am I in for a long ass wait? I was hoping to get the truck sometime in May, so about 12 weeks or so. Is that still reasonable or not, given that I still don't have a VIN yet? Thanks, and I'm also Tuxedo Black, but my dealer said we're still ok on that, and that we don't need to change the color due to that supplier problem.

Pez, I might have a Black Crew coming avail (Due to the BIG D) with one of my customers?? MSRP $52190.00 Was built first part of this week, and is "In Transit" You could fly into KC Missouri, and I would pick you up at the Airport. "SOLD"let me know,
randy cell 406 544-6891

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FTFW1R61BFB32447

"Black Crew Cab is SOLD"

Last edited:

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
I'm in the same boat as you. 5 weeks and no VIN yet either. I read somewhere that Ford typically releases window stickers and VINs on Thursdays. I have my fingers crossed to hear something today, but after reading that you've been waiting 7 weeks, I'm not too sure now. I noticed most others have received their VIN around week 4.

OP
OP
PEZ

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Randy, I really appreciate the offer, but that is more than I wanted to spend. I'm getting mine for under $45k, but no NAV. But Randy, to my question, is this normal for a VIN to take this long in your opinion? Thanks again!

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Randy, I really appreciate the offer, but that is more than I wanted to spend. I'm getting mine for under $45k, but no NAV. But Randy, to my question, is this normal for a VIN to take this long in your opinion? Thanks again!

I understand, It does have Nav and even @ -$3000 OFF MSRP, you would be at $49190.00

Each Dealer is different......................... I have been getting mine pulled and Vin'ed in about 4-5 weeks. But I have 28 SOLD or in the order/build system, and 3 Black units THAT ARE ON HOLD. My allowcation guy has been super to work with, and he told me to keep placing orders, and he would get them pulled and built.

Bluedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat PEZ. Ordered a black screw on 2/8 and still waiting for the VIN . Dealer said to expect a May build date (could have been sooner if I changed the color).

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Ordered 28 FEB. I figure that the more time that passes the more time I have to save. Got rid of my previous vehicle and am carpooling with my wife since we work not far from home. Kind of nice not to have a loan or insurance payment for a bit. The wait totally sucks, but to me it's worth waiting to save money overall.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Ordered 28 FEB. I figure that the more time that passes the more time I have to save. Got rid of my previous vehicle and am carpooling with my wife since we work not far from home. Kind of nice not to have a loan or insurance payment for a bit. The wait totally sucks, but to me it's worth waiting to save money overall.

Do you work at Phillips, Vash? I'm in B-ville several times/ week. Drive a blue Raptor with tint, stubby antennae, 40" Rigid light bar, and farm tag. I see an orange one everytime I'm over there. Let's go wheelin when you get your truck. I want to go explore Grand Lake area sometime. Later.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 2/13; full VIN issued 3/15. Awaiting window sticker and build date. Estimated arrival to be end of April/1st week of May with any luck.

I hope to see a window sticker this Friday...it's all a waiting game.