Color Difference of XPEL Noticeable on White?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is also the 2 time I had to take it back. The first time was other issues. on the doors and the roof is still not fixed there is a big air pocket on the roof

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is also the 2 time I had to take it back. The first time was other issues. on the doors and the roof is still not fixed there is a big air pocket on the roof
Yep, I had similar issues and was driving me nuts. I bought mine back about 6 times. They had to replace my bed side twice. They have been cool about it and keep fixing it. It's gotta be killing them on their profit margin. Mine was done at an authorized Xpel dealer too. We only have one other Xpel dealer in our city and their quote for the same thing was $12k. I went with the cheaper one and now wondering if the crazy price one would of done a better job.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get XPEL PPF applied to the front of my OW raptor but when I reached out for info from the dealer, I was told the film is not completely clear and the very slight color difference is noticeable on white. Has anyone done partial XPEL on
white that could confirm if its really noticeable or not?

The other film I was considering is Llumar. If anyone has experience with this and could provide input on llumar vs xpel id appreciate it
My dealer put PPF on the front clip of my truck after paint correction and before ceramic.

Sorry, I don’t know which brand of film they used. I do know the ceramic is Puris Jade Quartz.

To me, the film is not really noticeable unless you are looking for the seam.

Picture for reference. I’d take a better one but I’m away from home at the moment. If you zoom in a bit you can see the seam on the fender (it’s not the reflection from the light pole).

The seam doesn’t bother me enough to outweigh the peace of mind from the protection and there’s now way I was going to spend $5K plus to do the whole truck.

I say go for it!

Attachments

• 27E02E1E-744A-44F9-99F9-22872A3F3992.jpeg
    27E02E1E-744A-44F9-99F9-22872A3F3992.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 69

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Rick@FMS hey thanks Rick that makes me feel a little better that this isn't just happening on my end. I got quoted from my detailer and XPEL Dallas both were priced the about the same. In the end I went with my detailer, but now I wonder how XPEL Dallas would of done. Well they are being super cool as well I just hate not having a truck for 1, 2, or even 3 weeks at a time. Definitely been a little stressful for the price paid. Thanks again

Last edited:

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Rick@FMS hey thanks Rick that makes me feel a little better that this isn't just happening on my end. I got quoted from my detailer and XPEL Dallas both were priced the about the same. End the end I went with my detailer, but now I wonder how XPEL Dallas would of done. Well they are being super cool as well I just hate not having a truck for 1, 2, or even 3 weeks at a time. Definitely been a little stressful for the price paid. Thanks again
Take a look at this, this is when they replaced one of the bedsides

Attachments

• IMG_2657.MOV
    9 MB

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Rick@FMS Shoot I'd be mad with that quality of service. I mean I kind of get it, it takes time or the adhesive to take and weather plays a role but they should of seen that. I have that same spot (Well 2 spots) by my tail light but it hadn't rained or I just haven't look at it since the last time it misted in my area. Sorry man and they'll probably have to replace that whole piece again.

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My detailer said to PPF film this truck with how big it is and the curves in some spots, and without pulling up all the plastic parts can be hard to hold in some area. The film is just hard to stretch than let say a vinyl wrap But I wanted the protection. And I wasn't told any of this when we talked about it. Made it seem like the machine cuts the perfect pieces and they slap it on there no issues what so ever.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My detailer said to PPF film this truck with how big it is and the curves in some spots, and without pulling up all the plastic parts can be hard to hold in some area. The film is just hard to stretch than let say a vinyl wrap But I wanted the protection. And I wasn't told any of this when we talked about it. Made it seem like the machine cuts the perfect pieces and they slap it on there no issues what so ever.
@brijen White is the worst color to do partial patterns because eventually the edges lift and you can see a line. I personally don't care, but some people do. A full front XPEL wrap will set you back around 1850 for full gloss hood and fenders, matte bumper and grill and no fenders. Add 2 front fenders in matte would probably be another 600 due to the size.

@Topher On a scale of 1-10, I would rate that wrap a 4 and demand a refund or fix. I can tell he didn't seal the edges with alcohol. Those lifting spot are from too much tension on the film on application.

I 've been wrapping my cars for 15 years and I'm by no means an expert, but that job is subpar. I hope he didn't cut your paint. The area around the headlight on GEN 2's are a ***** to wrap. Probably a difficulty level 4, 5 being the hardest. I can tell he used an XPEL template on the headlight trim because the cut pattern is not accurate in DAP. I ended up making my pattern on my 18. Normally XPEL patterns are the best, but for some reason the GEN 2 XPEL headlight trim template doesn't line up properly. If your installer was an XPEL authorized dealer, you could probably warranty it.

Here's a couple photos of 18 xpel gloss wrap. Even though GEN2 is my favorite front end, I'm glad they changed the front end on the GEN 3. It looks so much easy to wrap. Good luck getting you truck fixed. Your truck in matte wrap is awesome. I'm debating doing my Agate black in matte when it arrives.

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 48
  • headlight7.jpg
    headlight7.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 45
  • headlight1.jpg
    headlight1.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 46
  • headlight2.jpg
    headlight2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 46
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brijen

Reaction score
@brijen White is the worst color to do partial patterns because eventually the edges lift and you can see a line. I personally don't care, but some people do. A full front XPEL wrap will set you back around 1850 for full gloss hood and fenders, matte bumper and grill and no fenders. Add 2 front fenders in matte would probably be another 600 due to the size.
Yeah I wasn't planning on doing partial on the actual pieces (like half the hood for example) but I was only planning to do the full front vs doing the entire truck. I was worried about the supposed .5% color difference the dealer was saying is noticeable on white vehicles, like I'd see a color difference between the front and the rest of the truck. That would bother me for sure.