Color Difference of XPEL Noticeable on White?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brijen

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get XPEL PPF applied to the front of my OW raptor but when I reached out for info from the dealer, I was told the film is not completely clear and the very slight color difference is noticeable on white. Has anyone done partial XPEL on white that could confirm if its really noticeable or not?

The other film I was considering is Llumar. If anyone has experience with this and could provide input on llumar vs xpel id appreciate it

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It shouldn’t be noticeable if the paint was properly treated prior to application. It’ll be more noticeable the trucks dirty. My wife’s ride is a 2019 MDX & we did a partial xpel ultimate wrap & the color difference is only apparent when dirty- I bet if you did a ceramic coat on top after the fact it wouldn’t be an issue

On other hand….I’ve seen a white Gen2 raptor in a full xpel stealth wrap….and it looked damn good, like it has a homogenous layer of frost all over it

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't be very noticeable. If anything, it will enhance the color cause it makes it look super clean and shiny. My ruby red gen 2 came out beautiful with full XPEL Ultimate. I love having my truck protected with this stuff. Check out some pictures:

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have Xpel Stealth on my white GEN2 but I did the entire truck. I like how it looks in person but difficult to show in pictures.
If you have them do the entire panels, as in the full hood, front and fenders then it shouldn't be that noticeable with clear.
I personally do not like the PPF when it is halfway on and you can see the line.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PPF stealth on the entire truck has got to cost a pretty penny. I had a quote for PPF on the front, hood, fenders and some odd pieces here and there. There was an upcharge due to size and it came out to just about $3k for mostly the front part of the truck. However, they said they could wrap the whole truck for $3k depending on which color I wanted.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted 8k for stealth by XPEL Corporate in Dallas and they'd need to keep the truck for 5 days.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted 8k for stealth by XPEL Corporate in Dallas and they'd need to keep the truck for 5 days.
Sounds about right. The shop i talked to wanted my truck for 3-5 days for a normal wrap