Code problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMEN92

Reaction score
Ok so this happens once before and then went away ..

Then is was like 1 time a month it would happen and go away after leaving truck off for a bit and then next start it cleared

Now this week it’s happened 3 times
It does go away after truck sits off for a while ..
And while the code are active it does change power and shifting etc

Any ideas why ?? Just checking before i waste a day at dealership

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 69199EDD-59DA-42F1-901C-520B8CF29AD1.png
    69199EDD-59DA-42F1-901C-520B8CF29AD1.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 82EA10EF-BA85-40B8-A907-9DBD47E1EBD4.png
    82EA10EF-BA85-40B8-A907-9DBD47E1EBD4.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 4

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are thousands of possible root causes for those messages. If you’re trying to see if you can figure it out yourself, at minimum you’ll need to download ForScan and purchase a compatible adapter. From there you can retrieve the actual DTCs, which will provide an indication as to what is happening.

Also, I believe you had mentioned in previous posts that you have wires tapped into the junction box. Start by disconnecting any aftermarket wiring and re-evaluate.

OP
OP
GMEN92

GMEN92

Reaction score
There are thousands of possible root causes for those messages. If you’re trying to see if you can figure it out yourself, at minimum you’ll need to download ForScan and purchase a compatible adapter. From there you can retrieve the actual DTCs, which will provide an indication as to what is happening.

Also, I believe you had mentioned in previous posts that you have wires tapped into the junction box. Start by disconnecting any aftermarket wiring and re-evaluate.
Not so much i wanted to trouble shoot myself but just was curious if anyone else has had a so issue

And the other wire that was just wrapped into the fuse i redid it the right way with a fuse tap. But i will check those connections as well

Only other mod is the pedal commander.

Thanks !

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pedal commander has had issues with putting trucks into limp mode and/check engine lights. that would be my first guess. its hit and miss with pedal commanders. most trucks take it just fine however some trucks dont like it. not sure why but its definitely a problem for some. my 2014 gen 1 takes pedal commander jus fine. my friends 2014 gen 1 goes into limp mode. go figure. same truck, same year same crewcab, but different reactions to the pedal commander. disconnect it and give it a try and see what happens

OP
OP
GMEN92

GMEN92

Reaction score
pedal commander has had issues with putting trucks into limp mode and/check engine lights. that would be my first guess. its hit and miss with pedal commanders. most trucks take it just fine however some trucks dont like it. not sure why but its definitely a problem for some. my 2014 gen 1 takes pedal commander jus fine. my friends 2014 gen 1 goes into limp mode. go figure. same truck, same year same crewcab, but different reactions to the pedal commander. disconnect it and give it a try and see what happens
Yea i have had the truck 2 years now. Ans first year was never a problem even with pedal commander.. so not sure maybe if it’s that or something else It went from happening 1 time every few months to now 3 times this month..

Might as well bring it in and see. Just hate wasting time at dealer so figured check here first. Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea i have had the truck 2 years now. Ans first year was never a problem even with pedal commander.. so not sure maybe if it’s that or something else It went from happening 1 time every few months to now 3 times this month..

Might as well bring it in and see. Just hate wasting time at dealer so figured check here first. Thanks
Cheap aftermarket electronics break down over time. Throw the PC in the garbage and re-evaluate before spending money on a diagnosis.