COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just got my 93 OTS stage 1 loaded. My intake is on back order until February. But man what a difference! So much smoother then stock and it pulls all the way to redline now where before it definitely fell on its face a little. The increased throttle response is the way it should have come from the factory. Also, turning off the auto start/stop was clutch. So far I am very impressed with the whole setup. Thanks to @COBB Tuning for a great setup! Eager to get that FMIC stage 2 setup! Thanks to @Nick@Apollo-Optics for hooking it all up.

Thank you for the support, brother. Glad we could help get you setup!

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
647094ddde15d6deda4a409def8e226d.jpg

“Somewhere in the boonies” I was able to do some 0-60 runs. Stock map in sport 2H I was running 6.3sec. 93 stage 1 tune in same settings I was running 5.5sec and struggling with wheel spin! Temp outside was 48 at about 500 feet above sea level. 2500 miles on the odometer on the stock BFG KO2’s at 35 lbs. Better driver input and figuring out the best brake boost point and I bet it takes a few more tenths off. Man I love this truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

“Somewhere in the boonies” I was able to do some 0-60 runs. Stock map in sport 2H I was running 6.3sec. 93 stage 1 tune in same settings I was running 5.5sec and struggling with wheel spin! Temp outside was 48 at about 500 feet above sea level. 2500 miles on the odometer on the stock BFG KO2’s at 35 lbs. Better driver input and figuring out the best brake boost point and I bet it takes a few more tenths off. Man I love this truck!

Try it in 4A, sport mode, traction control off and rear diff locked if you want the best 0-60

jaredstrauss

Reaction score

Try 4A and about 3,500 rpm. You should be low 5s on stock tune.

Cuzin Eddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately the hoses are way too long. That much trapped "air" leads to quite a bit of condensation in the hoses that collects in the CC. The air heats up and cools down in the hoses to crate the condensation. It leads people to believe that much "stuff" would otherwise go into the intake. Not so, because the OEM PCV lines are VERY short for a reason. Usually less than 1 foot to minimize that guaranteed moisture accumulation.

I bought the UPR CC setup and when I inspected it, I put it all back in the box and sold it.

Which CC did you end up going with? Or did you?

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which CC did you end up going with? Or did you?

No, decided it really didn't need one. The main reason in any direct injected engine is to prevent crap accumulation on the back of the intake valves, but the Raptor uses both direct and port injection, so no primary need for the OCC. The layout under the hood of the EB Raptor prevents an efficient design/installation with very short hoses if concerned about blow-by crankcase pressure and FMIC fowling.

That said, on my direct injected 2.3 RS pushing ~28psi boost I have a CC on both the PCV side and on the intake side. The layout allows very short hoses.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy posting his 0-60 run must be at elevation. Stock I am able to run 5.8 at sea level. My best run is 4.22 seconds under ideal conditions. Average is 4.4-4.5.

You’ve got a ways to go, man.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya and believe me that was less then ideal last night. That was quick back to back runs in the same mode/drive setup with me figuring out how to work the 0-60 timer on the AP. Am I race car driver? Not by any means. Just thought people would like to see some real world results from a novice. Hell I was pleased with 6.6 on stock so 5.5 was fantastic! Would love to see data logger screen shots with other peoples results! I’m going to try some sport mode 4A runs tonight and see what I get.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cut a full second.

You’ll feel that in your seat all day long.

Without the trans tune. Do AWD. Tow mode on your next run. I think you’ll get closer to 5.

I hear ya and believe me that was less then ideal last night. That was quick back to back runs in the same mode/drive setup with me figuring out how to work the 0-60 timer on the AP. Am I race car driver? Not by any means. Just thought people would like to see some real world results from a novice. Hell I was pleased with 6.6 on stock so 5.5 was fantastic! Would love to see data logger screen shots with other peoples results! I’m going to try some sport mode 4A runs tonight and see what I get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc