COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time will tell, said it would be here in two weeks...

Vaporware. People have been claiming this will be out "soon" since May (go back and look at the posts in May). Yet again it has been pushed back a few weeks.
If it ever does ship, I hope it works out for those of you who are buying sight unseen. I just read through the Whipple threads (who'd I consider a brand with a good history) and it seems that hasn't lived up to the hype.
Despite some guys from COBB saying "this is awesome", I for one am looking forward to hearing some real-world numbers to see if the $ is warranted.
Who knows, I'll probably end up going this direction myself if people who actually get the product don't end up being disappointed (like many of the Whipple buyers)

EasyAllin

Reaction score
Vaporware. People have been claiming this will be out "soon" since May (go back and look at the posts in May). Yet again it has been pushed back a few weeks.
If it ever does ship, I hope it works out for those of you who are buying sight unseen. I just read through the Whipple threads (who'd I consider a brand with a good history) and it seems that hasn't lived up to the hype.
Despite some guys from COBB saying "this is awesome", I for one am looking forward to hearing some real-world numbers to see if the $ is warranted.
Who knows, I'll probably end up going this direction myself if people who actually get the product don't end up being disappointed (like many of the Whipple buyers)

Im sure it'll have its positive and negative but having a COBB accessport is a huge plus on its own over whipples plug and play only map. But please dont get me wrong, again, both products are great in there own way and have there positive/Negatives like everything else...

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are a plug it in and hope for the best “numbers” person, you aren’t going to get the maximum benefit of the Cobb AccessPort tuner. It will be just another player in the tuner market to you. However, if you understand WTF you’re doing as far as tuning yourself, you will need to also get the AccessTuner software and then you will have the most comprehensive setup in the field of aftermarket tuning.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of yesterday, at least, Modern Automotive Performance listed a few different Cobb Tuning options for the 2017-2018 Raptor - looks like they may have jumped the gun by a few days. Just images, short descriptions, and pricing - no performance numbers.

Cobb Stage 1+ Power Package (Accessport and Intake System -new intake cover, filter, and piping) - 995
Cobb Stage 1 Power Package (Accessport and drop-in filter) - 725
Cobb Accessport V3 - 675
Cobb Intake System - 395
Cobb Drop-In Filter - 60

I’m really looking forward to this tuning option, particularly the higher stages that have to be coming with the intercooler and downpipes Cobb previewed in their video, etc. Been waiting for a complete well designed solution and looks like Cobb will be delivering....soon.

texasflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of yesterday, at least, Modern Automotive Performance listed a few different Cobb Tuning options for the 2017-2018 Raptor - looks like they may have jumped the gun by a few days. Just images, short descriptions, and pricing - no performance numbers.

Cobb Stage 1+ Power Package (Accessport and Intake System -new intake cover, filter, and piping) - 995
Cobb Stage 1 Power Package (Accessport and drop-in filter) - 725
Cobb Accessport V3 - 675
Cobb Intake System - 395
Cobb Drop-In Filter - 60

I’m really looking forward to this tuning option, particularly the higher stages that have to be coming with the intercooler and downpipes Cobb previewed in their video, etc. Been waiting for a complete well designed solution and looks like Cobb will be delivering....soon.

Yep. A simple google search of "Cobb Raptor" brings up all the parts listed above for sale at MAPerformance.

TXBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some (Cobb dealers ?) posted on Facebook pics of the intercooler and access port , one said he's at training at Cobb this week.
Someone posted on the FB group of a photo with one in hand. It appears that they are now out in the wild.

I saw that too, think he said he's a dealer though.
Another guy (or maybe the same guy) posted he was at Cobb this week for training.