COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was told we can expect to see Cobb roll out their Raptor product line by the end of November. Fingers crossed that this is still the timeline. I’ve been waiting for this to launch.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone worried about this massive COBB intercooler blocking too much air flow to the radiator, especially under heay load, or slow moving conditions? Back to back pulls on the street and racing isn't going to cause overheating, it's going to be the dude pulled a boat up a 6% or greater slope, or moving at 1-2 mph on a hot day in soft dirt or mud.

My thoughts: I've stuck aftermarket intercoolers in front of other Ford vehicles in the past, and I've always ended up having coolant overheating issues with the stock radiators under the condition mentioned above. It seems most of these aftermarket companies R&R only consists of running around on the road and high speed offroad dirt courses where there will be plenty of air flow. I want to see them put a max payload on the truck and go up a 6% slope for 25 minutes when it's 100+ degrees out. The stock truck heats up more that 220 degrees under these conditions.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here’s the response from Mike:

I'm glad to hear the car is still running great. I still tune cars remotely so if you'd like a checkup based on a datalog or retune for new parts just let me know.

Yup COBB is working on Raptor. There's no ETA on release yet, but it has been going well. I've driven COBB's Raptor for multiple tests at a Rally School and some off road courses and the tune makes a really big difference, as does another part COBB will be coming out with. Some of the parts are shown in this video COBB posted yesterday on Facebook:
Soon as it comes out get in touch and I can get some goodies going for you.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it looks like:

Accessport and OTS tunes

High flow cat downpipe

Cold air intake

Intercooler

Mystery part could be cat back exhaust

Cobb sticker has to add at least 3hp lol