Coachella Valley Newb Saying Nice to Meet You!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm part of the Covid migration that left Los Angeles for the burbs and now live the Coachella Valley--basically, the desert. I've got Joshua Tree, Anzo Borrego and Johnson Valley all within a quick driving distance, so I'm saying farewell to my M3 for a Gen 2 Raptor (There seems to be a huge cross pollination between M3 people and Raptors, a lot of guys on the M3 forum have gone to Raptors.). I was originally looking for Gen 3's, but other than the sound and screen, I actually like the Gen 2's better, so I couldn't really justify paying the premium when I found my new (to me) truck, a pavement princess with only 12K miles for $62K.

I've done driving schools and a bunch of track days, but will admit that I am an absolute newb when it comes to off-road driving, so I'm looking forward to developing that skill, and hopefully don't wreck anything.

Here's my new baby and a very happy 2 year old who is obsessed with the Raptor and didn't give two craps about the BMW.tempImageY3cnFh.pngtempImage5YVd5Y.png
tempImagerXGqax.png

IMG_8849.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!
#OneLessprius
#OneLessBrandB
I'm saying farewell to my M3 for a Gen 2 Raptor
Adios, peasant car, hello Raptor.
There seems to be a huge cross pollination between M3 people and Raptors, a lot of guys on the M3 forum have gone to Raptors
Once you abandon the peasant car for the Raptor, going back to them will be incredibly difficult. Rentals, euro-trash 4 wheelers, will seem boring and uninspiring. The Raptor will open your eyes to newfound amusement with the practically nuts things the truck is capable of. Check out some Raptor Assault videos. Then, connect with some local Raptor owners and get off the pavement. You will not regret it.

I found my new (to me) truck, a pavement princess with only 12K miles for $62K.
For that price, you couldn’t afford NOT to buy it!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm part of the Covid migration that left Los Angeles for the burbs and now live the Coachella Valley--basically, the desert. I've got Joshua Tree, Anzo Borrego and Johnson Valley all within a quick driving distance, so I'm saying farewell to my M3 for a Gen 2 Raptor (There seems to be a huge cross pollination between M3 people and Raptors, a lot of guys on the M3 forum have gone to Raptors.). I was originally looking for Gen 3's, but other than the sound and screen, I actually like the Gen 2's better, so I couldn't really justify paying the premium when I found my new (to me) truck, a pavement princess with only 12K miles for $62K.

I've done driving schools and a bunch of track days, but will admit that I am an absolute newb when it comes to off-road driving, so I'm looking forward to developing that skill, and hopefully don't wreck anything.

Here's my new baby and a very happy 2 year old who is obsessed with the Raptor and didn't give two craps about the BMW.View attachment 372461View attachment 372460
View attachment 372462

View attachment 372463
Welcome. Good looking Raptor!

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy. Great son you got there kudos.
Don’t know how it is now but back in the 60’s and 70’s living in L A we all lived for the weekends to escape l a.
Our guys had vw sand rails, Myers Manx ,4 wheel drive suburban ,dirt bikes ,mine was 360 Kawasaki big horn enduro. ( worked at Long Beach naval shipyard one guy married a front wheel drive Oldsmobile toronado to a 16’ airstream travel travel, called the ground pounder. Shot lots of cactus too. Played from lake Powell to 29 palms all over, Hemet,Death Valley,lots of wild horses there,
Elsinore before it became Elsinore, ensenada etc.
My tips to you
Get a flag big tall colorful flag
Never go ( fast or hard) where you first haven’t scouted or reconnoitered out. ( disaster waiting to happen BIG DROP OFFS OUT THERE UNEXPECTED TILL OHHH SH**)
But enjoy be safe and
NEVER GET TOO BIG FOR YOUR BRITCHES)
And always bring extra water and never leave your rig if you break down. And tell people where your going and when you’ll be back and call them to confirm your back. Sh•• happens DONT let it happen to you.
THE DESERT IS AN INDISCRIMINATE UNFORGIVING KILLER. ALTHOUGH MORE POPULATED NOW.
PS:la times always had articles about how the Boy Scouts would find human remains on their scouting camp outs trips. No lie.
So enjoy have fun and go slow to avoid those ohhhh sh•• moments.
There raptors are plenty fast and capable. ( 19 agate black here)
And nice rig ya got there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter