CN Rail Tracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we have access to a CN Rail website that tracks the rail car? I was giving my rail car number, just wondering if I could find a tracker to track.

OP
OP
M

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get the rail car number?
Over at Blueovalforums.com There is a thread where a company employee will give you updated data. They never really told me anything I didn’t already know until today he said this.

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # CTTX692494 (Canadian National Railways ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Dec-06-2021, 11:20 ET.

I just don‘t know if it means my truck is at Ramp 59 or if that’s they last location since he said “In Transit - Shipped Rail”

lostbriggs

Reaction score
I don’t know of a tracker, but if they gave you a railcar number, your truck should now be on the railcar and ready to move, if it hasn’t started moving already. If you call CN’s customer service number, you should be able to give them that railcar number and ask them for a “trip plan” or ETA info to destination ramp. I work for a railroad(not CN) and without knowing what tracker access they give to unregistered customers, that’s more or less how it works for us. Good luck!

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to track your railcar via their automated phone system. It currently shows as "no status available" which probably means it is still at the loading ramp. I will try again in a couple of days.

OP
OP
M

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to track your railcar via their automated phone system. It currently shows as "no status available" which probably means it is still at the loading ramp. I will try again in a couple of days.
What number did you call?

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What number did you call?
I called an automated customer service line that will give you the last known location for railcars on most domestic railways. At 6:21pm EST today your rail car was at/passed through the rail yard in Liberty, IL.

OP
OP
M

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called an automated customer service line that will give you the last known location for railcars on most domestic railways. At 6:21pm EST today your rail car was at/passed through the rail yard in Liberty, IL.
Hey Birdie!
can I get an update on this before we enter into the weekend?
thanks!!