Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stern_94

Reaction score
I took mine in for an oil change and while there, I showed my tech the service bulletin for the shocks. I asked him to check it out while he had it. He called me that day and said, “we jumped up and down in the bed, and your shocks are definitely noisy, we have new rears on order.” Shocks came in, were replaced, and now my truck is silent. 27k miles. Couldn’t be happier with my Ford service department. They’ve always given me top notch service. I do believe owners need to find the RIGHT department to receive great service.
So your truck no longer makes any noise when you stand on the bumper and bounce the rear suspension?

Stern_94

Reaction score
Interested to hear his reply. Mine still clunks and it doesn’t even seem to be coming from the suspension in the rear.
Mine still does as well. Both solenoids now buzz every time I shut the truck off now too which needs to be checked out now.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like this.

Both rears do it and didn't before. Does it for roughly 5 seconds and then clicks off. Can feel it with your hand.
I had this exact noise from my truck lie 2 weeks ago. No clue what it was. I started the truck and then shut it off and it went away. If I didn't hear it and left it overnight who knows what would have happened the next day? This is a good noise to keep any ear out for.

Stern_94

Reaction score
I had this exact noise from my truck lie 2 weeks ago. No clue what it was. I started the truck and then shut it off and it went away. If I didn't hear it and left it overnight who knows what would have happened the next day? This is a good noise to keep any ear out for.
So did the dealer check it out or it stopped? Mines been doing it almost every time I turn the truck off for the last few weeks.