Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just in case anyone was wondering. Lead time on front shocks is 5-7 days for standard 35” truck. I’ll report back in 2 weeks if this solves the issue.

Tbogo

Reaction score
My truck is out if the 3/36 warranty. I have the extended Ford ESP but it specifically states that shocks are not covered. They are covered in the Ford maintenance plan, but I don't have one. I'd check the paperwork with your warranty or give them a call to see if they are covered, they may be included.

I looked into rebuilding mine as an option and there are a few websites that do it like Hammer or TSW. I'm sure they'd be able to tell you if they are rebuildable if you give them a call.

Not sure about that part number. I was given ML3Z-18125-BM in the quote from my dealership, not -BN.
Yes, my extended warranty (National Auto Care - Pinnacle coverage ) does cover shocks. Now the issue may be trying to get the Dealership to duplicate or recognize the issue.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, my extended warranty (National Auto Care - Pinnacle coverage ) does cover shocks. Now the issue may be trying to get the Dealership to duplicate or recognize the issue.
Just drive them around in it so they can hear the clunking, and bring a copy of the SSM. That really should be all it takes. Gotta try to know what the answer is going to be.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rears were a lot louder than the fronts. You are going to be stoked to get those replaced. It made that truck drive 50% better for me. The other 50% will be the fronts, and then I finally think I got the truck I paid for.

How loud was it?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't hear it by jumping on the bumper, but I could over every single bump in the road, specifically small uneven ones. Picture yourself on a dirt road that's pretty smooth, but just small rough spots would make a lot of noise in the cabin and the front end feels extremely loose. I brought it in at 3k after I drove back from the East Coast picking it up and said I couldn't tell if it was the front or the rears. Turns out it was all 4.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Hey guys, new 23 37pp. I think I broke the steering rack and both front shocks are doing as described in this thread. My question is are the 23 shocks a problem as well and covered under the TSB? Going in this morning and curious to how I should approach the shocks. Thanks; the rack still steers but definitely a flat spot in it about 1/4 turn to the left. Exciting on the mountain roads…

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new 23 37pp. I think I broke the steering rack and both front shocks are doing as described in this thread. My question is are the 23 shocks a problem as well and covered under the TSB? Going in this morning and curious to how I should approach the shocks. Thanks; the rack still steers but definitely a flat spot in it about 1/4 turn to the left. Exciting on the mountain roads…
They’re not part of the SSM. June / 2022 is the cutoff date

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup and this might not be anything to do with the shocks. Sounds like you just have a broken steering rack and that should be covered under the 3/36k warranty.