Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from my service advisor. 3 shocks are received and ready to go for me, he said one (rear) is on backorder with no ETA. ☹️
Keep checking in with your parts dept. This happened to me and after months of going back and forth with parts I asked them to reorder. Turns out they switched the part number/released a new version and as soon as he ordered that it showed up in a few days...

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep checking in with your parts dept. This happened to me and after months of going back and forth with parts I asked them to reorder. Turns out they switched the part number/released a new version and as soon as he ordered that it showed up in a few days...
Damn it, another thing to keep them on their toes I gotta worry about

Raptured22

Reaction score
This! So my shocks were ordered on the 15th and they said they would call when they arrive to set up an installation apt. I waited about two weeks and called on the 29th to see if the shocks had arrived. I couldn't get through to service, so I called the parts dept. Parts said that my shock arrived on the 17th and Service never notified me.
And yes, The shocks have a new part #!! If they try to order the old part#, it will be on back-order, Forever! Stay on top of them folks. It's almost like, you have to hold their hand and show them how to do their jobs, step by step!

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This! So my shocks were ordered on the 15th and they said they would call when they arrive to set up an installation apt. I waited about two weeks and called on the 29th to see if the shocks had arrived. I couldn't get through to service, so I called the parts dept. Parts said that my shock arrived on the 17th and Service never notified me.
And yes, The shocks have a new part #!! If they try to order the old part#, it will be on back-order, Forever! Stay on top of them folks. It's almost like, you have to hold their hand and show them how to do their jobs, step by step!
I tried to kindly tell them and he responded by saying they ran into trouble ordering the “factory ones” and got the new ones ordered.” Whatever that means. Fingers crossed

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rescheduled for the 18th weekend shop labor is not who you want working on anything outside of oil changes. I will update you as things progress.

Update 12/22
I was in on the 18th for 30k mile svc, work order attached. Tech found a few things that were "loose" (see work order attached), that being said I still get the noise in the rear that isn't right. @FordTechOne , does the quoted use of the Chassis ears look correct? Should I just take my ball and go home? (this can't be how this truck was designed to operate). Is there another way to confirm shocks are faulty or do I just need to try my luck at another dealer?

Attachments

• IMG_4130.jpg
    IMG_4130.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been waiting from one dealer since March. I have an appt for another dealer who can get all 4 in 3-5 days but havent made it in yet