Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

datonyjr2023

Reaction score
I had my fronts replaced yesterday but I won’t be able to pick the truck up until Monday. I had to provide the dealer with my own video of using chassis ears before they agreed to do the fronts.
I told them when I dropped it off for the repair that the rears were making noise too but they couldn’t duplicate it. Even though I told them that if you bounce on the rear bumper you can hear it.
Does yours make noise when bouncing on the rear bumper?
Even after they replaced both rear shocks, mine still makes noise when bouncing on. Nothing has changed.

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my fronts replaced yesterday but I won’t be able to pick the truck up until Monday. I had to provide the dealer with my own video of using chassis ears before they agreed to do the fronts.
I told them when I dropped it off for the repair that the rears were making noise too but they couldn’t duplicate it. Even though I told them that if you bounce on the rear bumper you can hear it.
Does yours make noise when bouncing on the rear bumper?
Mine does. Have an appointment 10/18. Will report back after.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and you have a 37PP? Front shocks on the 37PP and 35" are different, only reason I ask.

Ryno8551

Reaction score
I am happy to report the replacement of both front shocks has fixed my clunky loose front end. Long time coming and almost got rid of the truck because of it but all good now. Solid and tight like it should be. I was a very early 2021. Took delivery early September 2021.
Glad to hear mine is currently at the dealer now for the front 2 shocks to be replaced! I will keep everyone posted as well to see if it helped me!

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
Well I’m halfway there. Front struts are replaced and the front feels much firmer. I’m still getting the noise from the rear so I will have to make another appointment.
Here is the work order with part numbers for the front struts for a 37 package.

*I spoke too soon. I had both fronts replaced. The left front is somewhat better but the right front may actually be worse. And now that the weather is getting cooler, the rear is making more noise as well. *

Attachments

• DCC0BBDA-8B0B-4A53-9943-2392486B4C3B.jpeg
    DCC0BBDA-8B0B-4A53-9943-2392486B4C3B.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: