Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
For those that had, or are waiting for their shocks to be replaced, how long did you wait for parts to be delivered? I’ve been waiting a little under two weeks, but still no ETA on the front shocks from the service center.
2 weeks after the dealer ordered my front struts I called to see if they had arrived. The struts did come in. I had an appointment on 10/3 to drop my truck off for the repair and they said it would be done on 10/4. The dealer wasn't able to even start on mine by the end of the day on 10/4 and I had to have my truck so I rescheduled to drop it off tomorrow and they plan to replace the struts next week.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer "tightened a loose head shield," and it helped with a little bit of the noise, but I am still getting the NVH from the shocks, bringing back Monday AM to see if they will throw chassis ears on and fix it all the way.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally managed to convince dealer to throw chassis ears on. Determined bad shock and ordered me a new one. Fingers crossed!

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone who got their front shocks replaced have a part number for the new shock? Dealer said it’s on back order with no ETA but I’m interested if it’s the same part number or a new one..

Bmwtech113

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure mine is coming from the back, but at times I feel it in the front floor.
I had my fronts replaced yesterday but I won’t be able to pick the truck up until Monday. I had to provide the dealer with my own video of using chassis ears before they agreed to do the fronts.
I told them when I dropped it off for the repair that the rears were making noise too but they couldn’t duplicate it. Even though I told them that if you bounce on the rear bumper you can hear it.
Does yours make noise when bouncing on the rear bumper?