Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what my dealer did as well. Apparently trucks and cars get sent in from all over due to the foreman mechanic who is known for being one of the best in the area. I hope your dealer finds something... But we may have to live with it. Or try new shocks?
Only problem is very early on people were trying new shocks. Everything I can tell is Gen 1&2's had a similar thing too.

I'm not too worried as they are quieter than the coilovers on my Jeep.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check this torque per the instructions posted a few posts up.

I have stated this before, I don't think that the shocks have an issue. This is something that has been seen on previous generations of the Raptor. It was always one of two issues.... it was either the shock mount (being loose), or it was this lower control arm bolt. When Ford designed the lower control arm with a slot, and installed a round bolt, there is always opportunity for movement. In my case, the lower control arm bolt was the culprit. It was tightened properly and issue was gone. Others needed the shock mounts addressed.
But yours was not a Gen 3, correct? Make sure you tell these folks you are not comparing apples to apples. You have been spewing BS here long enough.

Touringchef

Reaction score
Only problem is very early on people were trying new shocks. Everything I can tell is Gen 1&2's had a similar thing too.

I'm not too worried as they are quieter than the coilovers on my Jeep.
I have owned all 4, not one of my other trucks made or felt like this period. Only this one. I put at least 45k miles on each one with the exception of this one. I just picked it up 2 months ago.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't. But he seemed to exactly what I was saying and had seen a few already. I'll post up when I get it back in a week (going out of town).