Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the right way to track it...

Mine was built 9/21 delivered 10/6/21. Its a 35" model. Rear shocks clunked day one with 4 miles on the ODO. Got worse over time now with 2,500 on the ODO.
Mine was built 10/8, delivered 10/19. After having so many Raptors and lifted Superduties, I am 100% convinced mine clunking from the front. Back measures same height both sides. Sending to dealer 12/9. Ordered 2022 Superduty as backup.

Enrique Villalobos

Reaction score
I just dropped off my Gen 3 at a local dealership and the tech rode with me and he heard the clunking. He felt it at his feet on floor board. They had a new Gen 3 there and it also made the noise when you jumped up and down on the bed. We’ll see what they find today on my truck…

Enrique Villalobos

Reaction score
The dealership just called and they are still trying to figure it out. I guess that is good, at least they spending time trying to figure it out…

Ryan33

Reaction score
Had mine at the dealership for the same issue all you are experiencing. They reached out to Ford Tech and Ford told them that it's most likely the way a RAPTOR drives due to the performance suspension. They were told to compare it to another Raptor in which they didn't have an available one on the lot so they just returned the truck to me without doing anything. Beyond frustrated. Plan on taking it back and asking for a second opinion. Is this something LEMON LAW would apply to?

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine at the dealership for the same issue all you are experiencing. They reached out to Ford Tech and Ford told them that it's most likely the way a RAPTOR drives due to the performance suspension. They were told to compare it to another Raptor in which they didn't have an available one on the lot so they just returned the truck to me without doing anything. Beyond frustrated. Plan on taking it back and asking for a second opinion. Is this something LEMON LAW would apply to?
I was told the same. The suspension just feels shot to me compared to my gen 2 or any other vehicle for that matter. I mean any new truck should not feel or sound like this.

Ryan33

Reaction score
I was told the same. The suspension just feels shot to me compared to my gen 2 or any other vehicle for that matter. I mean any new truck should not feel or sound like this.
Your correct. It feels as if something is blown.

cds

Reaction score
Well just got word from my dealer here in Austin. They had the truck for a few days test drive for over 10miles and re-torqued everything, found a loose bracket by the fuel tank but claims the rattling driveshaft is normal. Picking up truck tomorrow and see if there is any difference.