Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hell i took mine in for recalls and mentioned the loose exhaust sound , which is panifully obvious. Was told its normal........ they will never fix this

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell i took mine in for recalls and mentioned the loose exhaust sound , which is panifully obvious. Was told its normal........ they will never fix this
Not sure what you are hearing, but it definitely does not sound like a "loose exhaust sound" on mine. Sounds like I have a loose golf ball in the bed that generally stays put except over bumpy roads, when it then sounds like Plinko. THAT is not normal.... maybe try a different dealership service dept?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No I meant the loose sounding exhaust calving in the exhaust pipes. It’s a thing too. I knew the shock clinch was a complete waste of time

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I meant the loose sounding exhaust calving in the exhaust pipes. It’s a thing too. I knew the shock clinch was a complete waste of time
Believe what you want, but when enough of the rest of us get Ford to provide a fix, I assume you will decide to pass on the fix. Either that, or try to be part of the solution and help by getting the service department to acknowledge the issue. You seem like a smart guy, I am pretty sure you can get someone to agree it isn't normal, and add to the mounting numbers with a submitted case.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Believe what you want, but when enough of the rest of us get Ford to provide a fix, I assume you will decide to pass on the fix. Either that, or try to be part of the solution and help by getting the service department to acknowledge the issue. You seem like a smart guy, I am pretty sure you can get someone to agree it isn't normal, and add to the mounting numbers with a submitted case.
It was “normal” in my 14 , 18 , 19 and 21…. Probably my 22 too

nate_13

Reaction score
So while tinkering around on mine tonight i jumped on every corner of the truck and 100% isolated the clunk to the rear and it was a hard clunk in the center middle towards the cab, i see there is a wiring harness and some sort of module that sits ontop of the frame, i didnt investigate further but i wonder if this module is making contact with the bed?? The module is bolted to the frame from what i could see and could possibly make contact??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter